Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you substitute cornflour for plain flour in a Tortilla wrap recipe?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I read a recipe that said whole-wheat and all purpose flour. Was wondering if I could substitute cornflour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I would strongly suspect not - very different make up and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

No I don't think it would work out! Cornflour is a completely different texture to ordinary flour. Cornflour is used for thickening sauces were as plain and wholemeal flour are generally for baking!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cornflour is not the same as wheat flour. It might work, but then again it might be a waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

You can use a specific mexican cornflour called masa-harina which you can buy here - it is very different to what we call cornflour - makes for a very nice tortilla

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What we call cornflour is actually just cornstarch, so no, you couldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

You can use a specific mexican cornflour called masa-harina which you can buy here - it is very different to what we call cornflour - makes for a very nice tortilla
    Would you have a recipe for this? I love corn tortilla

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭greengold9999

I think this is as simple as it gets http://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/2009/02/how-to-make-corn-tortillascomo-hacer.html but I must confess I recently have bought corn tortillas from the mexican stall at the market in Glasnevin on Saturdays - you can also order online from her - (http://www.mymexicanshop.ie/) btw she stocks the masa harina flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

oh well. Thanks for all the answers.

Advertisement