Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wart removal in letterkenny

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

does anyone know where I could get a wart removed in the letterkenny area? my gp doesn't offer the service!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

You can buy a pen from Boots called Wartner - great stuf, wart zapped within 4 to 5 days(in my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Madam wrote: »
    You can buy a pen from Boots called Wartner - great stuf, wart zapped within 4 to 5 days(in my experience).

same as that for one i had, just be sure its a wart!

I'm sure the GP person they have in there will be able to advise which one is best

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Or you could try one of the more traditional cures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

muffler wrote: »
    Or you could try one of the more traditional cures :)

Snail slime?:)

Madam wrote: »
    Snail slime?:)

i'd go the potato route before the snail route!

rub it with the inside of a cut spud and then bury it in the garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

tried and tested all the OTC stuff....it's a persistent little bugger!

was more looking for somewhere that will freeze it off for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You can buy the freeze ones in supermarket and chemists too.

I see one from Scholl in Tesco's and can't remember other brand. They were around £11- £13 sterling. Not sure how good they work.

ay i know, that's what I'm saying tho, i've tried them all...

Wartner, scholl and the other freezing one, wartner actually got rid of the thing, but literally the next morning it had come back fully blown!

Did you try any of the "old" cures like the ones mentioned on the thread?

and are you sure it is a wart? If the products aren't working its odd although you have mentioned a GP you didn't mention if they looked at it

Yeah they looked at it, it's on my thumb :(

They directed me towards a certain doctor (not sure if I'm allowed to mention names, sorry!), and that doctor wouldn't see me as i'm not "a registered patient of that surgery"....

I haven't tried any of the old cures. The next full moon isn't till towards the end of the month, so will try potato then, and I will try apple cider vinegar as soon as I get the chance to buy some!

Thanks everyone for the advice, was just hoping somebody might know a doctor or someone who would whop the thing off for me!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

The doctors at carndonagh hospital surgery do the wart burning on a Wednesday or Thursday you can ring and ask if they could do it, don't know who does it in lk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

danniemcq wrote: »

rub it with the inside of a cut spud and then bury it in the garden

Lol. That's the most ridiculous post I've seen on boards (and that includes AH).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Had them bad when younger and the "cure", I was told to try was..dip your hands into any pool of water, settled on boulders on the Blue Stacks.... worked for me:)

Pique wrote: »
    Lol. That's the most ridiculous post I've seen on boards (and that includes AH).

But its on the internet it must be true

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2007/08/02/potato-against/

i'm sure the burying of the spud means nothing but tradition and the active ingredient is in the potato but sure why not go the whole hog!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Warts will eventually disappear by themselves, even if you take no action, so if you try enough 'cures' one of them will work, or rather you will think it worked because the wart is gone.
    The more silly the cure seems the more likely it is to give the impression of success because the chances are you will have a wart along time and will have tried more conventional treatments before you resort to rubbing cut potatoes on it. So from that point of view burying the potato and waiting for it to rot is important because it buys extra time for the cure to 'work'.

I've had a small wart on the inside of my thumb for about 6 or 7 years now, no sign of it leaving so I have started to use Bazuka on it.

Had another many years ago, got doc to freeze it off. Bit of a misnomer though, as it doesn't fall off immediately. It swells up due to the intense cold put on it, then the swelling lifts the wart, inc its roots, out of the finger. Well thats what the GP told me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

There's a dermatologist in the county who you could see privately and would freeze it, if you can't find anyone nearer. Can pm if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

.....or if all else fails look for the phone number for the guy in the thread about the grass cutting. I'm sure he has a strimmer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Try nail varnish - apply a few layers, wait a couple of days and then gently peel of the varnish and the wart should come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Would you manage without your thumb, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 Crism

http://medipharm.ie stock endwarts @ €14.99
    Delivery only €4.50 within Ireland

http://medipharm.ie/tiny/endwarts

Appointment this Thursday to end this thing...will update then! Thanks for the advice tho folks!

Google for Apple Cider Vinegar, apparently as good as anything and really works.

Advertisement