Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 2013

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Anybody got any stories/feedback from Monday's Cork marathon? Would be interested to hear what people thought of it. It was my second marathon (did Cork in 2011) and I came in at a slightly disappointing 4:13:57, a 37 minute improvement on two years ago but was sure I'd be in under the four hour mark. Was on track at the half way point (1:51:24) but I died a horrible death in the second half. A combination of the heat and going out too fast killed me. Started in front of the 3:45 pacers like an eejit when I should have stuck with the 4:00 pacers. The heat was cruel! Saw three or four people after mile 24 in a heap, oxygen masks and the whole lot. Scary stuff...!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

agore21 wrote: »
    Anybody got any stories/feedback from Monday's Cork marathon? Would be interested to hear what people thought of it. It was my second marathon (did Cork in 2011) and I came in at a slightly disappointing 4:13:57, a 37 minute improvement on two years ago but was sure I'd be in under the four hour mark. Was on track at the half way point (1:51:24) but I died a horrible death in the second half. A combination of the heat and going out too fast killed me. Started in front of the 3:45 pacers like an eejit when I should have stuck with the 4:00 pacers. The heat was cruel! Saw three or four people after mile 24 in a heap, oxygen masks and the whole lot. Scary stuff...!!!

Take a look at the Cork Marathon thread on Training Logs, some good stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

There are a couple of race reports on the Cork marathon thread, post-marathon posts are starting at that page:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056855232&page=21

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Bbrunnin

Hi i did the half marathon in cork on monday , first we had a bus shortage ,then delay of 30 mins .really enjoyed the course as im from cork but the heat, it was so hot,saw a few people on the ground at about miles 22 ,we are just not use to weather most my training was in wet and windy conditions . Planning another half in december so i cant blame the heat on that one ha ha

Advertisement