Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 13th

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

See as how Evo is on that weekend, would anyone object to DoC making a return on the 13th, during the day? And potentially an all nighter to follow at the XGC after? I'm just testing the waters here to see if a set of tournaments followed by Evo would be too much for some people :P

(also, games to be played: Injustice, MK9, SF4, MvC 3 would be the most likely candidates.)

Would having DoC follow by Evo be too much fightin' games? 18 votes

Hell no! Bring it on! GET THAT HYPE TRAIN ROLLING
    0% 0 votes
    Ugh, yes. Don't bother with DoC till like 2 weeks after it.
    83% 15 votes
    There's another thing we could do! I say we...
    16% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Evo all nighter is enough in itself. Always great craic but wrecked by the end of it!

I say it's a bit too much to spend a day at DoC then on to XGC all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Evo all nighter is enough in itself. Always great craic but wrecked by the end of it!

I say it's a bit too much to spend a day at DoC then on to XGC all night.

but.. we did it two years in a row :( it's becoming a yearly tradition I say go for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

As bad as I can remember physically feeling after the last overnighter + tournament, sometimes you just gotta binge.

I'll attend every single thing happening that weekend, then book the following Monday off work for sleeping.

Get on the hype train! Choo choo!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm there. Bring it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm being selfish here, I'll be in Japan for evo this year, so itd be cool to have a tourney in June

• Advertisement

Wait, 13th of July?

Can we not have one before then? It's been forever since a tournament...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Okay. We'll have one on the 15th of June as a DoC, then a pre-Evo tourney (Irish totally not-Evo) (we're booked in on the 15th provisionally right now)

You're the best VoA ever.

As a warning though: we might do a 2 part - DoC, we have the exchange booked from 4.30 till 11.30 in the afternoon on the 15th this month. So we have 7 hours over the usual 11 or so to get in, set up, play, get out. We may do an Injustice/MK9/MvC tournament this month and then an Injustice/MvC/SF tournament on the 13th.

This is all provisional, subject to change, yada, yada.

...I'm gonna have to start hassling for consoles yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

yeay more events!!!

just messaged the mk guys out of dublin there to let them know something might be going down.
    yea that would be cool doing two events, would be up for the one on evo weekend aswell and if injustice at both them,all the better, more playing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Less go!

Like I said though, the 15th is provisional: we'll almost certainly have MvC and Injustice at both events. A third game on the 15th may not go ahead due to time constraints (attendee constraints, ending at 11.30 may be hellish for some of the MK9/northerners). I'll talk to Aileen about this.

We'll need PS3s and Xbox volunteers again though.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but would Tekken not be a better option than MK9?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I propose a tourny the day AFTER the all nighter. That way, everyone will be dying of hangovers, not in the form for fighting atall atall, and I can just roll into town, beat everyone's hungover asses and hightail it out of there.
    Maniacal laugh! Maniacal laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Come on lads there is no such thing as too much fighting games. You will be damn sure that I will do my best to attend regardless of dates.

But Doom does have a point. It would only be fair to have Tekken on at one of these tournaments. It will be sure to get entrants. The Tekken lads do their best to support their game. I will enter it anyway even though I don't really play it (mainly because I don't really like it anymore). I am all about KOF now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but would Tekken not be a better option than MK9?

if all the guys outside dublin cant make it,it very well might be.
    but saying that the tekken guys would have to pull together aswell, not part of that games scene but im taking from that they have to organise casuals weeks in advance people have real life things getting in way, which cool.

voa mentioned there they mightnt be a 3rd game so that injustice prob be at both events im happy with that so i dont feel the need to push MK blindly like i normally would so whichever can pull most numbers in on the day should be picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Completely agreeing really. I do recognize Tekken might take some time, but surely something could be worked out. Hope it joins the list anyhow. :D

Alright.
    Tekken on PS3 or Xbox?
    In which case we'll do
    Injustice/MvC/tekken on the date we have the booking for already
    and then
    SF/Unjustice/MK/MvC (if I can get the booking for the time)

Essentially, DoC 10 (i think) will be split in two parts to get more games in (but the two injustice and mvc tournaments will be seperate ofc) or the second one will just be the Irish-Not-Evo-At-All.

I'd say Tekken would be better on PS3 as we have a few players on PS3 pads, we can use an Xbox setup as well for those with dual modded sticks.

What Fergus has sounds about right. I should be able to bring down a Xbox for Tekken (or any other games for that matter).

Another point to note. I might get a couple of complaints from the Tekken heads for saying this but don't have Tekken 3/5 games that **** goes on forever. Each game being 3/5 rounds and then 2/3 games is more than suitable especially since time will probably be an issue. I would recommend a 3/5 games grand final though.

P.S Ban Dr.B. :D

• Advertisement

At least make LF/GF 3/5.

Grand final 3/5.

And my question about ps3/xbox was less a player choice one (though that will be taken into consideration) but more of patching. The reason we play MK and Injustice on PS3 is considerate of the player base, but a lot of it is the fact that if we don't use PS3, we're not able to play it patched. Is there any of that in Tekken? Or popular DLC characters?

No Tekken is the same on both consoles. So that's why we were just talking about player preference.

I use a DLC character.

If the console is patched before hand, it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I use a DLC character.

If the console is patched before hand, it's fine.

Don't worry, if there's no DLC you can use the superior version of Miharu anyway :P

Miharu is always superior >:|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Don't reckon I'll be able to make this month's one. Looks like I'm moving house (again) in the next week our two, so I really can't afford to travel cross country at the moment. If there is indeed gonna be two of these gigs, then I'll try my ass off to get to the July event while I'm settled in and like is back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but would Tekken...

tumblr_m5hp6lg6y21r2pcwi.gif

Nutrient wrote: »
    tumblr_m5hp6lg6y21r2pcwi.gif
    tumblr_lruf1wrBf21qhatbno1_500.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement