Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removals company

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a decent removals company that don't charge an arm and a leg :) I'm moving the contents of a small office @ 500 hundred yards and am getting quotes for @ €300/350 :(

I need to get moved at this stage and friends and family not an option on a weekday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Get a reasonable man with van from the paper, it wouldnt cost that much. Just say moving few things from office to wherever. I cant see it being more than 80 euro depending on distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Got one of them man/van companies to move stuff for me once. Was less than 100. It was one trip inside city limits and just one guy, I helped carry everything.

Can't remember the name now but it was something like "Paddy Murphy movers" or sumsuch.
    It really depends on how many trips and manpower is needed.
    See if you can get hourly rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Thanks for the replies, i tried one of the man and van companies and they quoted me €280 :eek: I found a company that'll do the move for me first thing tomorrow, 2 men and van for €150 so have gone for it.

I think i'm in the wrong business, clearly the money is in removals :D

Advertisement