Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre installed by contractor is working but Eircom fixed line messed up/not working

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I got eFibre installed yesterday which is working. But my Eircom fixed line has been messed up and isn't working. 

The contractors spent nearly 4 hours looking into the problem and concluded that it was the line. They said the problem was with Eircom. They then logged a ticket with Eircom to investigate.

When I try to make a phone call I get an engaged tone yet the receipent phone rings. It is very unusual and the contractors said they never came across this problem before.

If someone on here from Eircom could get in touch I will PM my details. I would like to get an update and maybe a ticket number that I can keep track.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

paultf wrote: »
    I got eFibre installed yesterday which is working. But my Eircom fixed line has been messed up and isn't working. 

The contractors spent nearly 4 hours looking into the problem and concluded that it was the line. They said the problem was with Eircom. They then logged a ticket with Eircom to investigate.

When I try to make a phone call I get an engaged tone yet the receipent phone rings. It is very unusual and the contractors said they never came across this problem before.

If someone on here from Eircom could get in touch I will PM my details. I would like to get an update and maybe a ticket number that I can keep track.

Hi paultf

Please PM me your eircom account details and I'll look into this for you.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Hi paultf

Please PM me your eircom account details and I'll look into this for you.

Regards

Al
    Sent PM - only saw your response above after I sent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

It's not for some reason giving you the 'continental style' ring tone is it?
    That's like a long engaged tone kind of sound.
    We sometimes get that on our landline too for some reason, it's a bit weird and someone explained to me it's a software thing.

You can hear an example of the European style ring tone on this wiki page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringback_tone

My VoIP phone does that too sometimes.

It's not for some reason giving you the 'continental style' ring tone is it?
    That's like a long engaged tone kind of sound.
    We sometimes get that on our landline too for some reason, it's a bit weird and someone explained to me it's a software thing.

You can hear an example of the European style ring tone on this wiki page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringback_tone

My VoIP phone does that too sometimes.
    No it is not that - thanks for the response anyways.

Before yesterday I never had a problem with my phone. For some reason when efibre got installed this problem occured with the fixed line.

When I press the 'call button' to check the tone, I get a funny 'wonky' type tone - with like a 'heartbeat' sound in the background.

When I ring my mobile, I get an engaged tone alternated with a 'wonky' calling tone - almost in the background - yet my mobile phone rings.

Haven't a clue what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

No it is not that - thanks for the response anyways.

Before yesterday I never had a problem with my phone. For some reason when efibre got installed this problem occured with the fixed line.

When I press the 'call button' to check the tone, I get a funny 'wonky' type tone - with like a 'heartbeat' sound in the background.

When I ring my mobile, I get an engaged tone alternated with a 'wonky' calling tone - almost in the background - yet my mobile phone rings.

Haven't a clue what it is.

Weird!

The only other normal tones you'd get are for voicemail message waiting which is a bit like a two-tone dial tone that kinda sounds like kinda 'wowowowow' type noise and the call divert one which is like a siren noise.

Hopefully they figure it out, as what you're describing sounds a bit like something's gone wrong with the wiring.

• Advertisement

Can someone from Eircom get back to me on this please?

I have been in touch with Eircom in 3 different ways:

(1) The contractor for Eircom who installed my eFibre has disabled my fixed line completely. I rather foolishly signed off on the job as he told me he logged a ticket with Eircom and that is was there problem.

(2) I posted a message here on the 5th June with Alan.

(3) I rang 1901 today from my mobile and logged my issue through an automated system which entailed testing the line. Also I was told someone would ring me on my mobile which hasn't happened.

All I want is an update and a date when someone was going to fix this for me?

Thank you, Paul.

Someone from Eircom just fixed my telephone line (problem with cable in cabinet at top of road).

So eFibre and telephone up & running - happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Someone from Eircom just fixed my telephone line (problem with cable in cabinet at top of road).

So eFibre and telephone up & running - happy days!

Hi paultf

Glad to hear it.

Thanks for updating the thread.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement