Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of Domain name

Options
  • 05-06-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I yesterday cancelled a domain name that I had registered via Blacknight solutions as I want to let someone else take over and register the domain name for themselves, so what I was hoping is that the cancellation would cancel my ownership of the domain and allow someone else to register it.

According to the history of the domain on my admin panel the domain is now "stopped" , however it is still registered, is this correct? If so what does "stopped" mean? 

It has been around 24 hours since I cancelled the domain, do I have to wait longer? Or is there some other way I should stop the cancellation and transfer the domain to its new owner?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you want to transfer the control of a domain name please contact our sales team.

Depending on whether it's a .com , .eu or .ie (or other extension) there are different processes for doing it.

Simply cancelling the domain via your control panel will not let someone else takeover the domain

Advertisement