Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Under 21 Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Delighted for Rodrigo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Goal! Spain 1-0, via a clever flick from Rodrigo. Absolutely a deserved half, a quite brilliant half of football, only denied more goals by an impressive goalkeeping performance. The level of this Spanish side is different to any other team at the tournament.

:rolleyes:

There's been nothing convincing about this second half Spain performance. Norway look like a country who are doing things right at grass roots level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I fell a sleep watching this Spanish team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

There's been nothing convincing about this second half Spain performance. Norway look like a country who are doing things right at grass roots level

How many saves has De Gea had to make in this half? How many clear cut opportunities have Norway had? Spain have controlled the game, they've controlled the tempo and right now they are on their way to the final, it's been an impressive performance all round.

How many saves has De Gea had to make in this half? How many clear cut opportunities have Norway had? Spain have controlled the game, they've controlled the tempo and right now they are on their way to the final, it's been an impressive performance all round.

Spain have created nothing either. Admittedly the onus is on Norway to attack but I suspect they are that bored of watching Spain pass the ball around at the back, like an annoying child in fifa, that they just want the game to be over.

Spain have also looked uncharacteristically sloppy in possession going forward and their tackling leaves a lot to be desired. A very unerwhelming performance by my estimation.

Extremely lucky not to concede there as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thiago stopped a certain goal there at the free kick .

What a fcuking goal .

Goal! Oh what a goal! Isco to Morata, Morata to Isco, sublime skill, creative finish. Spain on their way to the final, Spain maybe on their way to another under 21 championship.

Are you awake now Headshot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Spain have created nothing either. Admittedly the onus is on Norway to attack but I suspect they are that bored of watching Spain pass the ball around at the back, like an annoying child in fifa, that they just want the game to be over.

Spain have also looked uncharacteristically sloppy in possession going forward and their tackling leaves a lot to be desired. A very unerwhelming performance by my estimation.

Extremely lucky not to concede there as well

Get a grip. They have absolutely suffocated them from start to finish.

Oh my god . What a goal . How did he score from there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What a goal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Get a grip. They have absolutely suffocated them from start to finish.

Agreed. Spain were head and shoulders the best team out there.

Goal! Goal! Goal! Morata. Wonderful solo goal, power, intelligence, pace, technique all on show. It will take something superhuman to stop Spain winning this tournament. A country with a style of football that has swept all before them at all levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Goal! Goal! Goal! Morata. Wonderful solo goal, power, intelligence, pace, technique all on show. It will take something superhuman to stop Spain winning this tournament. A country with a style of football that has swept all before them at all levels.

Wow, someone needs a room.

RandyMarsh_birdpoop.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Hey Anderson, I notice you are quite the Barcelona aficionado now.

Have you stopped being a Real Madrid fan altogether now then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Klim wrote: »

You must, must, must have a quote to go with this post...

I have no problem complimenting Madrid players. Morata for example deserves a lot of praise, he is an excellent player.

However it's never been a secret that I've got huge admiration for how Barcelona, and by extension Spain, play the game. I strongly believe it is the right way and I believe Barcelona and Spain as a whole deserve a lot of admiration for how they approach the game and how they develop their players.

I have no problem complimenting Madrid players. Morata for example deserves a lot of praise, he is an excellent player.

However it's never been a secret that I've got huge admiration for how Barcelona, and by extension Spain, play the game. I strongly believe it is the right way and I believe Barcelona and Spain as a whole deserve a lot of admiration for how they approach the game and how they develop their players.

So, you were never a Madrid fan, even as recent as two years ago.....

Ehh not to my knowledge. Like I said I've no desire to talk down Madrid and actually I thought they were excellent a couple of seasons ago (which is reflected in their points total and goals scored) however I've always had a strong belief in how Barcelona play, if you want proof I have quotes from as far back as last year I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

That Spain team would have a decent enough chance of getting to the semi-finals of the actual European Championships, let alone the under-21 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Deliver man, deliver.

We need proof.

Ehh not to my knowledge. Like I said I've no desire to talk down Madrid and actually I thought they were excellent a couple of seasons ago (which is reflected in their points total and goals scored) however I've always had a strong belief in how Barcelona play, if you want proof I have quotes from as far back as last year I think.

Let me refresh your memory then.

http://www.heavenisfootball.co.uk/

(Link won't take me directly to your thread. Click on European Leagues/La Liga/Real Madrid.)

by AndersonisGod72 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Ok this is the thread for the greatest club in Spain, Real Madrid.

Wow I remember that, and yes I stand by it. At the the time they led the league, they were playing some absolutely sublime football (they would of course go on to win La Liga with a record points total and a record goals total that very season)

My only other comment on the thread is this.

Last night Madrid maintained their lead over Barcelona with a 1-0 victory away to Sociedad, Higuain's goal seperated the sides. Not really the free flowing stuff we have seen from Madrid lately but they left with the 3 points and that's what counts, the standout performer was Sergio Ramos, filling in at centre back in place of the injured Ricardo Carvalho, he has been excellent.

Not very rare, I comment on quite a few games I watch. I will also be watching Netherlands vs Italy tonight so you can expect a few more comments like that, later I will watch Brazil vs Japan on delay too, where again more comments like this will follow.

I also maintain that I am not a hugely biased football fan. Like any football fan I am biased, I have preferences and maybe that sometimes reflects in my posts and opinions however I've never had a problem complimenting and praising other clubs or players from other clubs, also Ricardo Carvalho is my all time favourite defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Let me refresh your memory then.

http://www.heavenisfootball.co.uk/

(Link won't take me directly to your thread. Click on European Leagues/La Liga/Real Madrid.)

by AndersonisGod72 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Ok this is the thread for the greatest club in Spain, Real Madrid.

You mean this thread? http://www.heavenisfootball.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2632

I thought he was a Chelsea fan / Barca fan (2 clubs that have a history of not liking each other) but that does look like he is a madrid fan :eek:

You were a Madrid fan, you argued with everyone during the fiery EL Classicos against Barca backing up Madrid. Funny as hell seeing you on here pontificating all things Barca.

That's not to mention the time you 'pretended' to be a United fan for a while a few years back.

Give it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You mean this thread? http://www.heavenisfootball.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2632

I thought he was a Chelsea fan / Barca fan (2 clubs that have a history of not liking each other) but that does look like he is a madrid fan :eek:
    Tell me you haven't been googling usernames..........

CSF wrote: »

If you mean me, I haven't, I was on the other forum for a while and recognised the name, not the Barca fandom though funnily enough.

I've probably called Falcao the best striker in the world, it does not mean I am a Monaco fan. Only a few weeks ago on here I called Guardiola the best manager in the world, it doesn't mean I am now a Bayern Munich fan. I simply call it as I see it at the time.

Also the situation on that particular forum was a very complex one. I had alot of issues with a lot of things on it and, for the most part, the vast majority of my comments were entirely untruthful and were posted with an agenda. I honestly don't want to clog up this thread with those issues or my reasoning behind such bizzare (if you are on the outside looking in) posts, if anyone wants to discuss any of them with me I'd gladly answer you through PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Eh, I'm just linking to a thread I was directed too :confused:

I'm going by his posting here RE: Chelsea / Barca fan.

• Advertisement

I've probably called Falcao the best striker in the world, it does not mean I am a Monaco fan. Only a few weeks ago on here I called Guardiola the best manager in the world, it doesn't mean I am now a Bayern Munich fan. I simply call it as I see it at the time.

Also the situation on that particular forum was a very complex one. I had alot of issues with a lot of things on it and, for the most part, the vast majority of my comments were entirely untruthful and were posted with an agenda. I honestly don't want to clog up this thread with those issues or my reasoning behind such bizzare (if you are on the outside looking in) posts, if anyone wants to discuss any of them with me I'd gladly answer you through PM.
    Hahahaha would you stop.

You were a Madrid fan, you argued with everyone during the fiery EL Classicos against Barca backing up Madrid. Funny as hell seeing you on here pontificating all things Barca.

That's not to mention the time you 'pretended' to be a United fan for a while a few years back.

Give it up.

I was never a Madrid fan, ever. If you like I could post up a pic here of the Barcelona jersey I got with Henry on the back from when I went to Barcelona.

The post you linked with a combination of Real Madrid being the best side in the league that season and also because of Dons being a Barcelona fan, thus I was only too happy to annoy him. Like I said though, I don't want to wreck this thread with ridiculous assertions and irrelevant nonsense from a different forum.

I was never a Madrid fan, ever. If you like I could post up a pic here of the Barcelona jersey I got with Henry on the back from when I went to Barcelona.

The post you linked with a combination of Real Madrid being the best side in the league that season and also because of Dons being a Barcelona fan, thus I was only too happy to annoy him. Like I said though, I don't want to wreck this thread with ridiculous assertions and irrelevant nonsense from a different forum.
    You're wrecking nothing. Your squirming and holedigging is very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

A Barca fan calling Madrid the greatest team in Spain is very, very odd.

Name change to Anderson*supports whoevers top of la liga*isgod.

You're wrecking nothing. Your squirming and holedigging is very entertaining.

I just PM'ed someone who wants an explanation. No problem, if you want me to explain the situation to you I don't mind.

I am worried about wrecking this thread though because there is a semi final that is about to start and that's what this thread is about. If anyone wants to discuss silly personal matters with me I have no problem talking through PM with anyone.

Oat23 wrote: »
    A Barca fan calling Madrid the greatest team in Spain is very, very odd.

If you search hard enough you'd probably find me complimenting City a crazy amount on that forum and having an unnecessary amount of go's at Man Utd. Circumstances dictated that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I thought this thread was re: the U21 European Championship not the allegiance of a poster:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Give it up.

Internet forums are great when you think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

iHZpkmAziQ8K4.gif

Vyse wrote: »
    I thought this thread was re: the U21 European Championship not the allegiance of a poster:confused::confused::confused:

And it will be, the game is about the kick off, I'm sure it's more interesting that an argument on an internet forum over a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Back to the topic at hand please

That's a great freekick from Maher, unlucky not to score.

Ooff great effort.

Borini should never be starting this game btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There has to be an irish connection somewhere with a name like Adam Maher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The stadium reminds me of the film mean machine with the two massive concreate walls at either end

Robbery by Italy. They were outclassed the whole game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Headshot wrote: »
    Robbery by Italy. They were outclassed the whole game.

Holland had an awful lot of the ball but in the second half have created little with it, missed most of the first half.

I hope Spanish destroy this Italian time wasters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Well, fortunately these Italians are not annoying with faking injuries or something like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement