Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Under 21 Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Look at that faking injury again

****ing pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Headshot wrote: »
    Robbery by Italy. They were outclassed the whole game.

Nah, they played a tactically astute game. Lots of hard work and perseverance. Deserve the win. Classic Italian football.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Looks like that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

****ing cheaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Man iv so much hatred for this Italian team right now, faking injuries, blocking free kicks playing negative

I ****ing hope the Spanish destroy them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Forza Azzurrini!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I

Interesting decision by Spain, Morata gets the nod over Rodrigo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Love the Italian anthem. :D

Gotta never let this go either. Love the way Spanish players out of respect for their Catalan and Basque counterparts don't sing the lyrics of the Anthem. To maintain unity. :pac:

(One of Dunphy's finest moments.:D)

Goal! 1-0 Spain! Fantastic work from Morata down the left, finds Thiago who knocks it into the net via header. Scoring in the final, no less than Thiago's performances throughout deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Cracking start to the game. Both serious quality (although in different ways).
    1-1.

Excellent stuff Italy.:)
    Lovely finish for both goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

G'man Immobile if they can get in at that back 4 there is change.

Great platform Thiago finding space I behind the Italian midfield and picking out Morata.

Great platform Thiago finding space I behind the Italian midfield and picking out Morata.

He really should have finished that. Fair play to the keeper all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Had forgotten about this until I saw it pop up on the forum page. Missed both goals :(

Seems a good game however.

Excellent ball by borini there. Great play to take it over the defender. Shot was poor though.

Everything by Florenzi but the finish.

Cracking game so far.

• Advertisement

Tello's contribution so far has been slipping and a silly booking.
    Italy playing on Spain's high line and doing it quite well.

A total gift that good pass by Koke but static defending.

Goal! Goal! Goal! Spain 2-1. Koke with the sublime pass, Thiago the control, composure and finish. Thiago's second goal, the La Masia product stepping up in the final.

Unlucky for the keeper. Hit his leg but just at the unfortunate angles.
    Great game so far. Spain's pressuring when not on the ball is really impressive.
    They are leaving they're back line though really exposed. Can't really fault the centre backs too much. It's the way their team is playing that is putting so much pressure on them. So far it seems to be paying off but it's really risk stuff.

Insigne looks like he's trying to do a bit too much at times.

That's a perfectly good tackle. Bad call from the ref.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Won the ball in my eyes. Big call that is going to end this as a contest.

Well taken all the same.

More poor defending by Italy there Donati with a needless flick after a risky tackle.

Tello wins the penalty with his incredible pace, Thiago completes his hat trick. Spanish dominance of football, fuelled by Barcelona, marches on.

It was a risky tackle but he got it perfect. The ball was out of Tello's control by the time he followed through. That's not a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Game over, can't see a way back from 3-1 for Italy.

Spain keep on producing

• Advertisement

Imagine Thiago has stolen the golden boot off Isco with this performance.

A stunning half of football from Thiago, arguably the finest product to come off the La Masia factory line since Messi, he's been unplayable. Finding space behind Italy's midfield, picking up the ball off the back four, he's been Spain's controlling force in this game and, IMO, the best player at the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Tello wins the penalty with his incredible pace, Thiago completes his hat trick. Spanish dominance of football, fuelled by Barcelona, marches on.

He caught him and made a great tackle. Absolutely terrible decision by the referee and it has ruined an excellent game. There was no way in hell that was a penalty, regardless of the contact after he won the ball. It's not a non-contact sport for f*** sake. Disgraceful.

A stunning half of football from Thiago, arguably the finest product to come off the La Masia factory line since Messi, he's been unplayable. Finding space behind Italy's midfield, picking up the ball off the back four, he's been Spain's controlling force in this game and, IMO, the best player at the tournament.

Will agree there. Is it true his release clause is €18 million ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just found out Rodrigo & Thiago are cousins . Talented family .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Funny to think that Spanish football was in decline a few weeks ago. They were certainly able to develop a batch of youngsters in those intervening weeks to give them a fighting chance today :D

Will agree there. Is it true his release clause is €18 million ?

It is now. He had a clause in his contract that if he played a certain percentage of games for Barcelona last season his buyout would have been 60 million I think but Barcelona, not so cleverly, didn't reach that target and now he can leave for 18 million. I think I can safely say everyone with a fondness for Barcelina hopes that he won't go.

Don't know what people are on about here.
    Tello flicked the ball back to turn and was then caught by the Italian (who completely missed the ball) with a rush of blood.
    Definite penalty. Silly one to give away.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Just found out Rodrigo & Thiago are cousins . Talented family .

Thiago also has a brother who plays from Brazil and Barca. Rafina, I think.

Jernal wrote: »
    Don't know what people are on about here.
    Tello flicked the ball back to turn and was then caught by the Italian (who completely missed the ball) with a rush of blood.
    Definite penalty. Silly one to give away.
    :eek:

Look at the replay? He clearly won the ball? :confused:

• Advertisement

It is now. He had a clause in his contract that if he played a certain percentage of games for Barcelona last season his buyout would have been 60 million I think but Barcelona, not so cleverly, didn't reach that target and now he can leave for 18 million. I think I can safely say everyone with a fondness for Barcelina hopes that he won't go.

Some bargain. I wonder would he be keen to leave if a big club came knocking?

Man City or PSG come calling. :pac:

:eek:

Look at the replay? He clearly won the ball? :confused:

Need to see it again but on first viewing of replay I thought it was a stonewall stupid penalty to give away by the defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Thiago also has a brother who plays from Brazil and Barca. Rafina, I think.

Yeah I know that . His dad also won the the WC with brazil in 94 .

Some bargain. I wonder would he be keen to leave if a big club came knocking?

Reports in Spanish paper "Sport" this morning say talks between him and Tito before the tournament didn't go as Thiago had hoped and his heart is set on leaving Barca to get regular first team football in an attempt to force his way into the World Cup squad. Again I really hope that isn't true.

Man City or PSG come calling. :pac:

I wouldn't mind if Chelsea came calling.

Hopefully third time lucky for Florinzi (sp?). That one was harder though.

Need to see it again but on first viewing of replay I thought it was a stonewall stupid penalty to give away by the defender.
    Look at it again. He won the ball clearly and his momentum took him through into Tello. It's a contact sport though, was never a penalty

Tello is just so quick. Hopefully he has a bigger role to play at Barcelona next season.

• Advertisement

More tired, lazy poor defending. You can see the back 4 play in Serie B when they struggle with the pace of the game at this level.

Advertisement