Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**HL English Paper 2 Before/After **

• 05-06-2013 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Time to plant tears says the almanac! :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Time to plant tears says the almanac! :cool:

And the terrified student drew another inscrutable house :pac:

Do you think I'll be covered with this or is this too big a risk? Mahon, Bishop and Plath with Cultural Context and Theme: Identity. Think I might do Shakespeare in the morning but only if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

Mahon, theme or issue and ambition of macbeth!
    Wohoooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Do you think I'll be covered with this or is this too big a risk? Mahon, Bishop and Plath with Cultural Context and Theme: Identity. Think I might do Shakespeare in the morning but only if I have to.

By any chance are you doing, translations, I'm not scared and wuthering heights as im doing the theme of identity too!

By any chance are you doing, translations, I'm not scared and wuthering heights as im doing the theme of identity too!

Yep haha, spot on there :) have done zero study for them as of yet so a busy day ahead after my lunch :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Grand for the comparative, not too bad for Macbeth. For poetry I've half covered Hopkins, Shakespeare and Plath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

The thoughts of facing this tomorrow :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

Looking forward to tomorrow a bit more now after paper 1. Just realised how much of a waffle fest it was, at least paper 2 has some structure to it and can feel prepared from studying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

Screw your courage to the sticking place and we'll not fail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

No worst there is none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Doing the exact same! I want cc though... Baile Beag for the win!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Doing the exact same! I want cc though... Baile Beag for the win!!! :D

key notes FTW!

key notes FTW!

never read them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

A character question on the witches or on banquo better not come up!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

eoinoc2509 wrote: »
    A character question on the witches or on banquo better not come up!:eek:

Those are the two I'm hoping for!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

I'd be laughing if literary genre came up with 'how a good story is told' as a follow on from paper 1 but I know they're not linked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Dunno how people are so confident Mahon will come up.. I am covering Kinsella and Hopkins just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm hoping Shakespeare/Hopkins will come up. Have Bishop and Mahon prepared also however, but just not as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Equil

Super confident with Macbeth. Comparative needs a bit of work.
    Hoping for Mahon, Plath or Wordsworth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

Those are the two I'm hoping for!

How would you even write a full essay on banquo?! Sounds impossible to me! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Cultural context better come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Lads, have no fear, I was reading through Derek Mahon just there with the iPod on shuffle to keep me company and this came on:

"It's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up..."

Has to be divine intervention, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Theme/issue, Bishop/Shakespeare, character question on Macbeth himself - bliss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

HPMS wrote: »
    How would you even write a full essay on banquo?! Sounds impossible to me! :eek:
    Realistically it would be a question on the minor characters in Macbeth, so you would be doing Banquo and Macduff, not just Banquo by himself.

HPMS wrote: »

Someone posted an essay they wrote on Banquo about a week ago, I de-constructed it and built it back up for the A1 :cool:

It does seem pretty tough though, you should try planning one now because I definitely wouldn't have been able to think it up on the day.

Kerbstone wrote: »
    Realistically it would be a question on the minor characters in Macbeth, so you would be doing Banquo and Macduff, not just Banquo by himself.

Realistically it won't. Macduff is a one-dimensional character, Banquo isn't at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

I'm doing those 3 too, do you think theme is good to write about? I havent revised theme/issue yet .. wondering if I should bother :P

Did Kingship not come up in an indirect manner in 2009?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I have all the past questions typed in the Macbeth thread, Banquo has come up before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

(I understand that there is nothing for certain, but I'm running out of time).

I know Plath and Wordsworth entirely, I've read Plath's book and know 7 poems by heart, learned Tintern Abby by Wordsworth.

I'm starting on Bishop. I'm thinking of avoiding Rich and Kinsella? Wise?

Advertisement