Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cunning Ploy?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

What cunning ploy am I missing here or is it just crap website admin:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=685809

Called up about this property and was told it was under offer. Asked to see it ASAP as might stick in a higher offer than the 124,500. Agent never bothered to call back. Fair enough they dont want to mess with a potential sale agreed.

Called back into the office and found out it was sale agreed. Agent eventually returned my call also.

Now it's back up on daft as *New to market* called up the office again and was told it was still sale agreed. No mention of taking my number for similar properties, no angle at all. Just 'it's still sale agreed'. So why re advertise it if not to gather detail about purchasers? Surely leaving it up as sold would attract potential sellers rather than going about it this way.

I do wonder about estate agents. I always seem to get some sort of attitude off them. I could understand it during the boom but now I would have thought they'd take every lead they could get - yet call backs are rarely offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask a neighbour for the phone number of the owner, and ask to consider your offer if the sale falls through.

I'm sure you'll be met with "but there was no sale" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HouseHunter13

What cunning ploy am I missing here or is it just crap website admin:

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=685809

Called up about this property and was told it was under offer. Asked to see it ASAP as might stick in a higher offer than the 124,500. Agent never bothered to call back. Fair enough they dont want to mess with a potential sale agreed.

Called back into the office and found out it was sale agreed. Agent eventually returned my call also.

Now it's back up on daft as *New to market* called up the office again and was told it was still sale agreed. No mention of taking my number for similar properties, no angle at all. Just 'it's still sale agreed'. So why re advertise it if not to gather detail about purchasers? Surely leaving it up as sold would attract potential sellers rather than going about it this way.

I do wonder about estate agents. I always seem to get some sort of attitude off them. I could understand it during the boom but now I would have thought they'd take every lead they could get - yet call backs are rarely offered.

could a bank own this house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Possibly and I know they have to leave it up while the bank finalise everything but why change the ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HouseHunter13

Possibly and I know they have to leave it up while the bank finalise everything but why change the ad?

Well speaking from my own experience I found something similar in a too good to be true price. The bank owned it, the EA (who gets a flat fee regardless of the sale I'm guessing) will deal with the first person who makes a genuine offer (preferably a cash buyer) as it takes the bank ages to agree to a sale (probably a monthly meeting) so there is no incentive to maximise a sale price or risk a quick sale.

So when you ring up you get these weird responses like, under negotiation you cannot view the property at this time, the reason being that its not sale agreed and of course if for some reason the house is still available the advertisement is still standing to be updated maybe idk...

I'm just reading in between the lines here from my own experience and any of this is open to correction but that's what I made of it, maybe could explain the weird response you got :o

Thanks HH13 that makes a lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You could stick a note with your details through the door. Or make some discreet inquiries of the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Some shootings around Cabra recently. I think they'd accept lower offers.

Slydice wrote: »
    Some shootings around Cabra recently. I think they'd accept lower offers.

I sincerely hope this isn't north/south BS again. Where within the proximity to the CC that Cabra is has there not been a murder?

Advertisement