Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

juice sampler box - the juice strikes back

Options
  • 05-06-2013 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Folks here's the "lest we never forget Sir Digsby memorial juice parcel" revival thread, aka The Juice Strikes Back.

We've taken 13 names but the list has now been closed. We won't be taking any more new names. Sorry. In all likelyhood there will be another list started but that won't be until several weeks away, so you'll have to be patient and come back and check later, there's no mailing list or anything like that, just first come first served.

Please check this google spreadsheet to view the current status of the Juice Parcel

I will update any relevant info in this document. So if you ever need to check where the parcel is at or anything like that, the info should be in the doc above.
    In the link below you can rate the juices you've sampled. Please do this once you've sampled the juices, it will be helpful for people browsing this forum to find interesting juices to buy in the future.

Juice Review Form - courtesy of quintron

* Would be cool if you throw in another bottle of juice so overall parcel juices don't deplete over time
    * Postage for each parcel to the next person works out around €6.50 There are two parcels in total so being on this list will cost you approx €13 in total postage costs
    * Make sure juices are nicely packaged so if a bottle cap comes loose in transit it doesn't soak all other bottles (parcels have juices in several ziplock bags already so no problem there)

Names:
    1) quintron
    2) noamigo
    3) redkid
    4) artyeva
    5) grindle
    6) thecageyone
    7) rickyjb
    8) BrendanD
    9) meoklmrk91
    10) SicklySweet
    11) Darkginger
    12) Jo Satan
    13) Sir Digsby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Nice one. Count me in. Will PM deets. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

At some point in the not-too-distant future I'll add a squadron of tobacco vapes to this.

SSDC must proclaim his love for SS-IM before receiving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

Yea I'm in also. Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

is it alright if i get in on this one too? i was hoping to get to try a few tobaccos but the sampler box i got in the last thread was mostly fruity, which i seem to have gone off entirely. :(

I'll pansy the tobaccos I'm making for this to 16mg so no-one whinges in a big pansy-whinge style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

redkid pm sent for your details

arteva already got your details but got your pm with your details again anyways, you're so efficient.

grindle does this mean you're in imma pm you now to check

Yarrrr. Should be a few days before my juices are flowing though.

I'm sure it will be a few days (or weeks even) before this 2nd round of juices is ready to go around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Add me in, will pm details asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Is that too many or can I be in too?

• Advertisement

StickyIcky wrote: »
    redkid pm sent for your details

That's done there stick

Just checked out the google form for reviewing, nicely done :) this will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Count me in PM sent

Brendan can confirm I wrap stuff pretty well ;) how'd you get on with that lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Also so count me in, just a quick question, how long do we get to hold on the parcel, a week or so? Because if there are that many juices a couple of days won't be enough :D. Firing off a PM now.

Good question! I reckon I'll put my usual juices on hold once I get the parcel, and sample the box for that day or two so I'm not overwhelmed by flavours. I've enough tanks and cartos and clearos to have a few on the go anytime though :)

Few days, a week. Best thing is to get a rebuildable atomiser or two (and wick and wire) and build a few coils. Try some juice, dry burn it to clean it off, then try another. Methol flavour lingers (as I discovered) so try and build your coil before trying another juice in it.

Chime in here if I'm wrong here guys but that's the best way I look at trying so many juices.

That's what I might just do. Now that I can build a half decent coil - will make up a few and do just that. I have 3 drip-attys, they will be perfect for this. Because it seems once you get them right, the flavour is much better than clearos.

I'll be using a 306 for anything potentially dodge (for my tastes) then on to the IGO or the Spiral! :) while I soak the 306 overnight or something. The missus will go mad. Can't wait! ;)

hehe, my missus is fit to crack with me. Keep saying "once you get into anything, you get obsessed" - sure ya could be worse. She vapes herself, we kicked the dirty habit together. But she's much more casual. I just like to research and look up on anything I get into. End up watching countless hours of youtube vids and reading articles and visiting forums ... sure why not. Beats watching tv.

I felt like my vape-mail was making her envious so I got her some stuff too. Today I set her up with a lovely pink ego twist, with the 'vanity ring' as some call it, and a pink-ish vivi nova with a purple drip tip and filled it with her fav menthol.

Not sure who was happier :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Me again please if allowed :p PM you now anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Im in:)
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Count me in if there's room please! PMed details to Sticky already.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Half way through the coffee really like that, other ones i liked was the orange de coco ? surprisingly did not like the bandanna one, and i thought that would be rigt up my street ;-)
    Brendan can confirm I wrap stuff pretty well ;) how'd you get on with that lot?

Orange de sangre? I was recommended that, and seen a few say they love it. Including the usual reviewers. But I wasn't into it, too mi-wadi-ish for me - think that was the dearest of the pack too. Glad you like it though.

On the banana, bit much on it's own yeah, try a couple of drops mixed with other flavours, that's what I was doing with it. Came up with some interesting ones. It mixes well with the hazelnut, or some tobacco flavours.

Well folks,
    I received the parcel yesterday and.. holy sheeeeeeet!!
    This is a TON of juice!

My first reaction was:

0SBuk.gif

Followed swiftly by:

UmpOi.gif

When I had got myself together... I was like,

O1zDJ.gif

Okay, gif's aside, this is a CRAZY amount of juice (66 bottles to be precise :D) and many many thanks to wingnut32 for including practically the whole wingnuts premium line of e-Liquids to this juice sampler parcel. Super excited to try out a whole bunch of those that I've had my eye on for ages.
    I'll add a few more myself and top up some that are there already etc.

It. is. epic. :)
    Here is the opening shot:

9218963296_4e6348a625_c.jpg
    Juice Box Bonanza

9216186533_674f74f5ef_c.jpg
    Juice Box Bonanza

9218958804_65974a0b60_c.jpg
    Juice Box Bonanza

9216188309_ed83bdc221_c.jpg
    Juice Box Bonanza

So, regrettably, I'm away this weekend but will crack into these first thing Monday!

A reminder of the juice review form which is here:
    http://bit.ly/11hvYF4

You don't have to use it, but in any case you can see the reviews at this link as they go up:
    http://bit.ly/13AdHtp

It would be nice to have a bit of input from all (remembering, of course, that taste is 100% subjective) so that we can build up a decent picture of these juices, which in turn, will help inform others in the vape community, based on aggregate scores, VTF, etc, and how people are getting the best out of the e-liquids they buy.

PS, does anyone know what mystery brown and mystery green juices are from the original sampler parcel? They have zero labelling..

Okay, off to set up me wicks 'n' coils!

(PS. just saw the new "all the juices" review site grindle posted up. It's amazin'!!
    http://allthejuices.com/)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Any chance of getting in on this?

Any chance we can get a copy of the list posted on here so everyone knows when and where it's going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

list as it stands at the moment is in the op of this thread.

• Advertisement

Hi Celly

When this list is done and dusted there will be another list made. I wont' start to make the 3rd list up until this list is almost done.

Hey Redkid

Like artyeva says all the info you could possibly need is in the original post. I also put a google spreadsheet there which will be updated with who has what parcel etc. There's a link to that spreadsheet you can click on, plus a link to a review form where you can rate and the juices and write your thoughts on them.

Advertisement