Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Plus Sofas to close (probably)

Options
  • 05-06-2013 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.costplussofas.com/

This being the "forgotten City" the outlet on the Cork Road is bound to be one of those closing I'd say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Yeah this was mentioned on Drivetime today, no doubt Waterford store is top of the hit list, that said there have been a lot of complaints about them over on the consumer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Yeah this was mentioned on Drivetime today, no doubt Waterford store is top of the hit list, that said there have been a lot of complaints about them over on the consumer forum.

About the Waterford store or Cost Plus Sofa in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    About the Waterford store or Cost Plus Sofa in general?

In general, http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=580&query=cost+price+sofa%27s

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

Is the store still open??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I have to say, I've never seen more than 3 or 4 cars outside there in the last few years. It's always dead quiet and I'm surprised it lasted this long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

No the store is gone, they were loading up the trucks yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Yeah its gone and empty now, well i think its empty looked pretyy empty with the closing down sign on it.

The whole parking arrangement in there seems a bit awkward anyway. Whens Iceland coming?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So they wouldn't even allow Waterford a closing down sale? :mad:

/have to go to that well known metropolis Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

mike65 wrote: »
    So they wouldn't even allow Waterford a closing down sale? :mad:

/have to go to that well known metropolis Clonmel.

Just double check with the shop, i nearly certain but it wurth a check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Anyone know if the Galway sale is on today or tomorrow? The site doesn't mention Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

According to paper they having big clearence sale but why not their shop in cork bit peed off about that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They appear to have a poor reputation here in Ireland based on the fact that they were recently covered on the Consumer Show on RTE in regards to the quality of their products, their customer services, and the numerous court cases against them that they lost. In addition to that, there has been for sometime a big thread on them in Consumer Issues with mostly negative comments and people looking for advise.

With all that in consideration, it would be difficult to see how the company could go on especially after being highlighted on national prime time television.

Advertisement