Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trikes vs Scooters?!

Options
  • 05-06-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

What's the preferred mode of transport for the hip 2-year-old these days? I'd like to get mine a nice tricycle for the park and garden and so on, but see far more scooters around. They seem much less stable, though, and his coordination isn't that great yet. I wonder which has more play value?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mine has a trike, and she gets very frustrated with it after 15 mins of not going very fast. :)

We don't have a scooter but she plays with her cousins and likes it. Although falls a LOT.

We were thinking of a balance bike maybe rather than a scooter for her when she outgrows the trike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mine loves her scuttle bug,will not touch the balance bike and has a my 1st scooter which she can not really get the hang of yet.
    The my 1st scooter is great but I don't think it replaces the little bike.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Our guy is a big fan of his balance bike. He's getting more use out of it now at 3 though than he did at 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I think it depends on the child and you're not realoy going to know which one they'll enjoy more until you get one or the other.
    The bikes are great if you've nothing else in the car, or if you have a buggy too they're good if you're staying local.

I would go for a scooter but one with two wheels on the front...we got ours one with the wheels on the back but it took him ages tovget to grips with it whereas I see lots of kids zooming round on the ones with 2 wheels onbthe front.

Advertisement