Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck for Theme/Issue in Comparative

• 05-06-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My 3 texts are

How many miles to Babylon
    Casablanca
    Macbeth

and my theme is politics and i have no clue of what i should be writing about any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

SheepDerpa wrote: »
    My 3 texts are

How many miles to Babylon
    Casablanca
    Macbeth

and my theme is politics and i have no clue of what i should be writing about any ideas?

Did you not go through all this in school? Given the time constraints, I would suggest you chose a broader theme. Perhaps 'Relationships'? Compare Alec and Jerry; Rick and Ilsa; and MacBeth and Lady MacBeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SheepDerpa

Did you not go through all this in school? Given the time constraints, I would suggest you chose a broader theme. Perhaps 'Relationships'? Compare Alec and Jerry; Rick and Ilsa; and MacBeth and Lady MacBeth.

nah our teacher basically showed us the 3 texts told us the theme was politics and to do it ourselves :/

SheepDerpa wrote: »
    nah our teacher basically showed us the 3 texts told us the theme was politics and to do it ourselves :/

That's bizarre. What level are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Lcstudent2013

You could easily do the theme of inhumanity if you wanted. How man miles with the mother not allowing Alec to go to school, sending him to war, the relationship between the parents etc, macbeth with the murders, calling on evil spirits etc.
    Not sure with the other text but I'm sure there's inhumainuty in there ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SheepDerpa

higher our teacher was literally out every second week and she took agggggges doing poetry

• Advertisement

I would really do relationships if I were you. Compare two of the relationships you know well throughout most of your response, using comparative language; and refer sporadically to the third.

Advertisement