Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important info for eFibre upgrades and DSP Telephone Allowance

Options
  • 05-06-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

If you are in receipt of the DSP Telephone Allowance at present this allowance is applied by Eircom in your bill. When you upgrade to eFibre your Account No. is changed and Eircom told me that they cannot apply the discount to the new Account No. (even though you are the same person you were the day before) and that each customer must contact the SW people separately.

The SW people have now informed me that Eircom's eFibre billing software is unable to handle the DSP allowance and that the allowance in future will be paid (like the Electricity Allowance) into the customer's bank account instead.

This is another fact that should be in the eFibre FAQ.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mebuntu wrote: »
    If you are in receipt of the DSP Telephone Allowance at present this allowance is applied by Eircom in your bill. When you upgrade to eFibre your Account No. is changed and Eircom told me that they cannot apply the discount to the new Account No. (even though you are the same person you were the day before) and that each customer must contact the SW people separately.

The SW people have now informed me that Eircom's eFibre billing software is unable to handle the DSP allowance and that the allowance in future will be paid (like the Electricity Allowance) into the customer's bank account instead.

This is another fact that should be in the eFibre FAQ.
    HI Mebuntu

Thanks for sharing this, I'll look into this and try to get some confirmation.
    Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jamesfoley3

HI Mebuntu

Thanks for sharing this, I'll look into this and try to get some confirmation.
    Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Regards

Al
    Hi Alan,

I've just upgraded to Eircom eFibre myself.  They came and installed it this morning.  Could you keep me updated on this too in case I need to do something myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Alan,

I've just upgraded to Eircom eFibre myself.  They came and installed it this morning.  Could you keep me updated on this too in case I need to do something myself.
    Hi Mebuntu

Glad to hear your efibre service is up and running. Let us know if you have any issues.

I have confirmed that the telephone allowance from the data of social protection is not applied on the account / bill when a customer signs up or is migrated to efibre.

What you outlined is correct you will need to contact the department of social protection (telephone allowance section) and they will arrange the payment with you directly.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement