Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chubb alarm beeping inside house

Options
  • 05-06-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have a Chubb Alarm.It has started beeping occasionally inside where alarm is in house.RED LIGHT is on across from MEMORY. When I turn key to switch on Alarm to try & stop Beep - RED LIGHT goes on across to INHIBIT & also to FAULT.When I turn key back to turn off alarm YELLOW LIGHT comes on across from CLEAR & 2 comes up (2= back door & approx 3 back window & ? smoke alarm detector) & YELLOW LIGHT ALSO come on across from MEMORY. When I turn key back on to SET ALARM it then goes back to GREEN LIGHT & to CLEAR and sets the alarm. The symbols on the Chubb alarm are:
    CLEAR
    MEMORY
    TAMPER
    INHIBIT
    WARNING
    ENGINEER
    I have had the alarm installed in 9.1990 and IS 199.81 CMX4 is written on it.
    Anybody with any ideas what might be wrong?. Alarm is working ok otherwise.Would really appreciate any help as it wd be very expensive to have somebody call out. Thanks a million.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A very old system . I'd say a tamper or wiring fault.
    Keyswitch systems really give a false sense of security. Time to upgrade IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Did you mean LMO? - that is pretty below the belt and mean. Don't have money for new system & JUST HOPED somebody might help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I meant IMO. In my opinion.......
    If you want to try get it going disconnect and close off the tampers and see if the fault clears.

Advertisement