Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Bettystown

Options
  • 05-06-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    My wife and I are moving to Bettystown/Laytown and we were wondering what the good areas/bad areas are. We were thinking of renting a apartment in Neptune Tower. It's got a great view but does anyone know what the area is like?
    Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

What kind of money are you looking at in the Nep? Don't know much about it but looks fine. Never heard any bad reports.
    Keep away from the anchorage. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kennethkenneth

They're looking for €850. It's just across from the anchorage and I've heard that some of the pubs nearby can get a bit rough! What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

Neptune Tower Apartments are savage. I agree stay away from the Anchorage. The pub in the Neptune is ok good food too. Not sure what its like there in the evenings. The pub across the road is a dodgy spot. Other nice restaurants are Relish and Fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

Nialler15 wrote: »
    Neptune Tower Apartments are savage. I agree stay away from the Anchorage. The pub in the Neptune is ok good food too. Not sure what its like there in the evenings. The pub across the road is a dodgy spot. Other nice restaurants are Relish and Fate.

Fate was shut down after a visit from the health inspector and is currently for sale.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Fate was shut down after a visit from the health inspector and is currently for sale.

Heard that alright

Getting back on track though I've drank in the last straw. Not as bad as some people make it. It's full of loud Dubs though so keep away if you're after a quite drink with the missus.
    Theres McDonaghs just up the road which is nice. Gilnas in Laytown is lovely in the winter when they light the fire...loevely cosy atmosphere.
    There's also a lovely pub in Mornington called Morans.
    For 850 a month you should be able to get a nice house on the golf links road.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info! It's really helpful!
    I think we might have a look at the golf links road alright. We were going to commute up and down to work in Dublin on Matthews coaches but I don't think Matthews go down the golf links road. We're having a look at Eastham Court as well though.

True the matthews bus comes down eastham road alright. Stops outside Eastham village which is a lovely quiet estate. I used to live there. I know there's a house for sale in there but don't know about any rentals.
    the cloisters is also a nice estate but houses are quite big so might be overkill if it's just you and the Mrs.
    Next stop would be outside McDonaghs pub which is the thatched roof building across from Tescos and then stops again outside the Neptune hotel in the center of Bettystown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

850 should get you a decent house in Eastham Court or (a duplex) across the road in Castlemartin (or the apartments opposite Eastham Court).

The Village Hotel there is ok for a pint, and if you like Indian food Rupee is a great takeaway.

You can also nip up the road easy enough to South Gate where there's another Relish, a Dunne's and a pretty good butchers.

I'd give a big thumbs up for the Matthews service - you might already know, but they take Leap cards and short of a season ticket, this is cheapest way to pay the fare.

Also, if you have a bike you can lob it in the luggage compartment for use at the other end if you are so inclined.

Thanks for the info! It was really helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 binkevii

Hi,
    anybody knows about the The Village estate (Eastham Road)? it's near the Village hotel.
    Thank you

• Advertisement

eh.... don't go there!!! There's a reason the rent is so cheap there (and same if you're buying)

ok, those red bungalows are very cheap, but there are also white ones, at the end of that street. Or is it the same problem?

are you buying or renting? I would just be careful buying there. Renting might give you an idea what its like. Originally they were more "holiday" homes I think. Just know the properties there are on the market for ages at rock bottom prices ..... and are still there.

renting, agent mentioned there will be white bungalow for rent, so just wondering what is the estate like.....
    Thank you!!

good luck with it.... at least renting give you an "out" .... win/win !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

How about buying in the cloisters,are the caravan areas a problem,or other area problems?

Advertisement