Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch & Putt courses

Options
  • 05-06-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend any good pitch n putt courses nearby.

Im staying in Clonsilla

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

elmgreen is the first that springs to mind. not sure what its like this year but its always been ok for me. take the 39 down from clonsilla and get off at the travelodge and walk up

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Elmgreen is good or If you ae driving ? there is one in Glasnevin/Tolka Valley... Go down the river road towards Finglas and head in towards Glasnevin Ind estate and its on your left hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

yeah im driving - I will give both a try cheers lads for the quick replies

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Royal Meath Pitch and Putt club in Clonee is the best Pitch and Putt course around by a mile. Its won course of the year the last two years in a row and hosted the internationals last year. Its an official PPUI course also.

http://www.royalmeathpitchandputt.ie/

I am a member there and its only 5 minutes from Clonsilla by car.

Its worth popping down for a round, the membership for the year is only 150 euro.

I play golf also and the pitch and putt really compliments it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Clonee looks like a lovely course alright but a bit of a pain that it's members only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

LIffey Valley par 3 isn't too far away either (between Lucan and Leixlip):
    https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.3599,-6.471076&spn=0.009988,0.02871&t=h&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Random wrote: »
    elmgreen is the first that springs to mind. not sure what its like this year but its always been ok for me. take the 39 down from clonsilla and get off at the travelodge and walk up

Checked this out on Sat - nice spot. Really short holes & really busy which was expected given the weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Was there on Friday, first time on the p+p, very well kept and for €4 was great.

But the holes are very short, 40 mts average.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Checked this out on Sat - nice spot. Really short holes & really busy which was expected given the weather

Ive started to get into Pitch and Putt and i like Elm Green, i go there as much as i can. I tried the one at the Brock Inn on the Ashbourne road but didnt like the course or the price €8.

Advertisement