Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on planting Cabbage

Options
  • 05-06-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Hi

Novice planter here!

I've sown Cabbage from seed, in trays, five seeds in each section as the section's seemed big enough.
    Cabbage.jpg

I was wondering if anyone could please suggest how to plant them out in the ground.
    I'm worried about the roots getting intertwined too much but maybe they're too small to plant out yet.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I don't like cabbage myself so don't grow it but you'll find your answer here ...
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/vegging-out/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,430 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes they are too small yet. When they have two real leaves rather than the seed leaves which are the first two that open, lift them and plant into deeper trays or separate pots. I'd use a mix of soil and compost. When the plants are about 3 -5 inches high plant them in the ground, water well and put a net over to keep off butterflies and birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

that's great, thanks a million looksee.
    bit more waiting to go so!

Advertisement