Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English essay title

Options
  • 05-06-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Can someone please tell me how many marks you lose if you don't label your essay?!

I picked: write a story including the following: He had the audience's undivided attention and included this sentence in my story but i never wrote that i had chosen this as my title!

Please answer me if you can help!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I'm pretty sure none. Unless you mean not specify which one you picked, in which case, I'm sure they could figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure none. Unless you mean not specify which one you picked, in which case, I'm sure they could figure it out.

Yeah I didn't label the question or specify which essay title I'd chosen! I'm feeling so stupid right now :(

Thanks for the reply and if anyone else knows anything I'd be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CaileAN!

In the mocks my friend lost about 40 marks in history because he did not label the question correctly, but hopefully not all examiners are like that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

CaileAN! wrote: »
    In the mocks my friend lost about 40 marks in history because he did not label the question correctly, but hopefully not all examiners are like that.

You would never lose 40 marks in the real JC History for not labelling a question.

spurious wrote: »
    You would never lose 40 marks in the real JC History for not labelling a question.

Thank you! Honestly, how many marks do you think i have lost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

None if the examiner can figure out he topic in the writing but .................

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CaileAN!

sotisme wrote: »
    Hard to say, I'm sure they figured out that is was that essay. But worst case scenario you could lose all your marks allocated for that section (70) :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

sotisme wrote: »

I really don't know about English and I've been looking in old marking schemes to see, but I would guess less than 5 marks, particularly if it is obvious from your essay which one you meant.

It's the learned off random 'don't fit in to any title' essays that lose more.

To all the naysayers, the JC is about giving you marks, not keeping them from you. You will be fine sotisme.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FShiwani

If they can find the phrase in the essay, I doubt they will mind

• Advertisement

ok thanks a lot everyone! :)

Advertisement