Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International transfers

Options
  • 06-06-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

It's a question that comes up often, so I think it would be interesting to have a thread so people can compare the various methods.

I use paypal. I find their rates to be the best. My paypal account is linked and verified to my canadian bank account. This means that I can send money at a rate of $1 per $200 sent, so sending $1000 costs $5.

On my most recent transfer, the exchange rate of the day was max 0.75721 and min 0.75336.

When it was converted to euros, the rate was 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.7347 Euros.

It takes usually about 2 days to withdraw to an Irish bank account.

So, @ $1 per $200, an exchange rate of about 2 cents under market rate, and 2 days from Canadian bank account to Irish bank account, I think it's hard to beat.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement