Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere where I can buy a high end laptop and pay by the week?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

As the title says, just out of curiosity, I want to know if there's anywhere in Ireland (other than Dell) that sells high end gaming laptops and allows you to pay by the week or month. Oh and people, don't tell me to build my own or to get a desktop or build a desktop instead - already done that! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

harvey norman and pc world finance. Kind of it as far as I know and the computers aren't that high end tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 83,314 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Buyer Beware. Hire Purchase can be far, far more expensive than purchasing the computer outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Credit union loan?

Might be the easiest way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,314 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Unfortunately the person most often in that situation can't get approved for credit. Once had a woman acknowledge she had paid as much as a MacBook for a ****ty laptop that should have only cost a third that much but she still continued to act like I was the ****ing idiot for assuming she had some other option. Uh, use a library? Rent to own is a poverty trap. Go buy a laptop on adverts.ie second hand. If you are that stuck for a laptop, there are so many other options than renting one.

As for your gaming laptop itch: you're shopping wrong. Please compare whatever you found on dell with an intel and nvidia solution to the HP m6-1205sa. Should offer better value if you're looking for new. Alternatively find a second hand gaming laptop. Amd A8 is also a decent budget gaming processor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Any particular reason why you're not going for a Dell?

They have knocked 200 quid off their Alienware range.

M17x prices from 1,299. Decent reviews on them.

Yea, you're gonna end up paying around 20% for the benefit of paying monthly but that's gonna be the case for any hire purchase option you look at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement