Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuggers

Options
  • 05-06-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

so im just wondering has anyone ever been a chugger selling scratch cards for a charity? is it really horrible? what is the pay like? and is it worth it? thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yep_

What charity did you work for? also if you dont mind me asking , what was the pay like? commission based?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Did it for one day. Well, half a day. Really stuck for work in Sydney. The worst part was the self respectomy.

endacl wrote: »
    Did it for one day. Well, half a day. Really stuck for work in Sydney. The worst part was the self respectomy.

that bad yeah? I know myself i try to avoid them i can only imagine how low you feel when people just ignore you.

• Advertisement

yep_ wrote: »
    that bad yeah? I know myself i try to avoid them i can only imagine how low you feel when people just ignore you.
    There's always something better you could do. Politician or clamper maybe?

If you do go for it, Join an organization that doesn't work on commission. Temple street children's hospital for example. They don't hassle people on the street. They do knock on the door, which some people hate, myself included, but they are working for a set wage, raising funds for a really good place. If you want to work in fundraising, that might be the way to go. Don't be a professional pr1ck with a clipboard on Grafton St though. You'll not be long hating yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

But none of them do!

I will never buy anything of a complete stranger who extends their hand or pretends to be my friend or asks me how I am today.

endacl wrote: »
    There's always something better you could do. Politician or clamper maybe?

If you do go for it, Join an organization that doesn't work on commission. Temple street children's hospital for example. They don't hassle people on the street. They do knock on the door, which some people hate, myself included, but they are working for a set wage, raising funds for a really good place. If you want to work in fundraising, that might be the way to go. Don't be a professional pr1ck with a clipboard on Grafton St though. You'll not be long hating yourself.

Yes nothing worse than the people with clipboards that chase you down. Do you know anything about Irish Lung Foundation? All i know is they sell scratch cards. dont know anything about the wage. I can't get work at the moment and i'm just looking into it and seeing if it's worth it,But by what i gather it isnt.

But none of them do!

I will never buy anything of a complete stranger who extends their hand or pretends to be my friend or asks me how I am today.
    Even these guys?

chuggington-chugger2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

I did something similar, worked for Unicef last year doing door to door. Probably the worst 4 days of my life! It was via direct debit though. I managed 0 sign ups in total. Pay was minimum wage plus commission.
    As mentioned above, it's about conscience really. I find it really hard to ask for money.

Advertisement