Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experienced coders based in Ireland

• 05-06-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hope this post is ok to put here...

Just testing the waters on this question, I want to get an idea of the available talent pool in Ireland at the moment. For now; coders.

Console experience and/or released projects preferred. Unity experience is also a bonus.

PM or email me: kyotokid [-at-] gmail.com

Cheers folks,

-Ivan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

......so there are none.

Good to know! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kyotokid wrote: »
    ......so there are none.

Good to know! :D

Demographics are against you :)

Ireland never got big on console development, its indies were almost all mobile/PC guys.

Unity alone should start to improve soon as colleges start to embrace it to replace XNA. But yeah, not a lot to choose from here. your post on gamedevelopers.ie will almost definitely get better response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

cheers dude :)

Its ok; I'm old, and an expat so I know all about the dev situation :)

I'm sure we can find what we're looking, still I hope some coders matching some of my criteria see these posts. We'll have more information 'in a bit'.

There is an Irish engine too (I'm not affiliated). Its very early days but it might amount to something for people to use: http://www.zoodazzle.com/

Advertisement