Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Plus Sofas

Options
  • 05-06-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭

They're gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

emo72 wrote: »
    They're gone.

Good, hope no one had any deposits with them
    money <SNIP>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

emo72 wrote: »
    They're gone.

No, the company isn't gone,
    Its restructuring and closing some stores

There's a big difference

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/cost-plus-sofa-closures-938056-Jun2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

They are not gone they are just restructuring the business and closing a few stores

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

yeah. "restructuring". They were exposed rightly on the Consumer show. the irony is that when they started first they actually sold decent furniture. they then got carried away with importing cheap muck from China and charging a fortune for it with gimmicks like so called free tv's that werent actually free when you read the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

yeah. "restructuring". They were exposed rightly on the Consumer show. the irony is that when they started first they actually sold decent furniture. they then got carried away with importing cheap muck from China and charging a fortune for it with gimmicks like so called free tv's that werent actually free when you read the small print.

I don't think they actually claimed the TV was free, all they said was "get the sofa, get the tv". Disappointing the public probably didn't help though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You think the "hard hitting" and I use those words extremely loosely, bit they did on the consumer show helped bring about the downfall of the company?

I'd imagine the impact caused by that show was little if anything,

Consumer Show for the most part is sensationalist, dealing with silly non-subjects like washing liquid tablets that shows in the UK covered maybe 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out from old thread and moved to own thread. I don't see a Consumer Issue here, so I'm closing the thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement