Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Hearing issues

Options
  • 05-06-2013 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I see in an old thread about hearing protection it was linked to some studies which suggest that electronic hearing protection doesn't offer great protection. I think for the most part (yeh I admit I was a bit lazy to go reading through all those links :o:p ) the theory is that the electronics are a few miliseconds too slow for blanking the bang. But your brain doesnt "hear" the miliseconds so you think it worked.

Im just wondering has technology caught up yet? Have we nailed those few miliseconds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Unless a manufacturer tells you exactly what tech they are using then it may be hard to answer that question fully.

But it is completely possible.

It does make me wary of cheaper electronic hearing protection, where are they saving money, R&D, components, product testing and what QA do they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Iv switched to "Active " peltors in the last year or so and have noticed a slight drop in my hearing, Or so the wife says hadnt really thought a lot about it but reading this has me thinking, Im looking into getting some Cens as soon as the budget will allow it, Just reading this has me thinking of going back to regular defenders in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

TBH peltors are probably one of the better ones to have. Conform with, and tested to a ton of standards when you look at the data sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I hope so!

Advertisement