Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of guns

Options
  • 05-06-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have 2 guns that I do not want to renew the licence for as I don't use them anymore.
    Do I have to get them certified as destroyed or is it possible to sell them to a trader or do I just hand them over to the Gardai.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

what type/make are they

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You could give them to someone starting out or someone on here may be interested in licensing them. A club may be interested in them, or you could destroy them yourself in the presence of the Gardai with an angle grinder etc...
    What are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I have 2 guns that I do not want to renew the licence for as I don't use them anymore.
    Do I have to get them certified as destroyed or is it possible to sell them to a trader or do I just hand them over to the Gardai.

I'm not sure what condition the guns are in but I hate to see working firearms destroyed.

You could sell them, or even give them away to someone who has a use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

juice1304 wrote: »
    , or you could destroy them yourself in the presence of the Gardai with an angle grinder etc...
    What are they?

I didn't know that you could do this. How do you dispose of the chopped up gun, because every part of the gun is still a firearm according to our wonderful laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

If they say, Purdey, Holland and Holland or Churchill, I'll give you €50 for them.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

I have a Krico .22 rifle and a Montecarlow S/S shotgun.
    I also have 2 sights and a 3 gun safe.

I have rang a few dealers since I posted and they will give me money for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Try putting them up in the for sale section here. Someone might be interested.

They will buy them on e they feel they can grin over a profit relatively quickly and there in good enough condition.

Advertisement