Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Ballivor?? or has showed there before?

• 05-06-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Very excited - off to your first proper " Show " on Saturday!!!
    Prep is going well but am treating it more as a learning experience as my Mare hasn't been in the show ring since last year:eek: as we stripped things back to basics & have worked hard on schooling etc...

Now feel ready & am very excited.

I've never been to Ballivor before - if anyone has , is it a busy show?
    What sort of sizes are the rings?
    Are you required to gallop in the hunter classes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Most hunter classes will require exhibitors to gallop as part of a group. Sometimes, if the classes are very big, the judges will divide the class in 2 before they ask exhibitors to gallop. I've not been at a 'proper' show where exhibitors haven't been asked to gallop.

Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Thanks Convert! just wanted to make sure - ! Don't think we will have an issue with the gallop, just on the stopping lol:D -
    convert wrote: »
    Most hunter classes will require exhibitors to gallop as part of a group. Sometimes, if the classes are very big, the judges will divide the class in 2 before they ask exhibitors to gallop. I've not been at a 'proper' show where exhibitors haven't been asked to gallop.

Best of luck! :)

Advertisement