Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 - Predict the 4 poets

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Plath
    bishop
    Mahon
    Hopkins

where's my medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

a0ifee wrote: »
    first correct prediction :D

You posted that at 3pm...what kind of absolute twat leaves a higher english exam after an hour! I hope you slapped that person who told you. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

That comparative was awful, and the Mahon question was really hard

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

Plath
    bishop
    Mahon
    Hopkins

congrats, you win the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

was about to boast how i got them right, didnt know someone had said them already! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Did some people actually leave the exam early? Nobody in my hall left, and I mean nobody, until the time was up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

John.Icy wrote: »
    You posted that at 3pm...what kind of absolute twat leaves a higher english exam after an hour! I hope you slapped that person who told you. :D
    I doubt anyone did with that paper.

More likely an attendant got a look at the paper, or even a teacher in a school who passed the info on.

I think it's the first time in 3 years at least, if not 4, that the forum isn't full of people moaning about the poets on P2 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

woopah92 wrote: »
    Did some people actually leave the exam early? Nobody in my hall left, and I mean nobody, until the time was up.

Someone in my exam centre left at haft 3 :confused: and they took the higher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My examiner seems to have no awareness of the time allocated for each exam! :P For both Paper 1 and Paper 2 we've been given 10 minutes extra. I'm not sure if she is doing purposely (being sound ;)) or else just forgets! But I won't complain! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

ray2012 wrote: »
    My examiner seems to have no awareness of the time allocated for each exam! :P For both Paper 1 and Paper 2 we've been given 10 minutes extra. I'm not sure if she is doing purposely (being sound ;)) or else just forgets! But I won't complain! :P

wow.. lucky! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

ray2012 wrote: »

My examiner today gave us 5 minutes extra at the start and 5 minutes extra at the end. But she's like ancient. I mean ancient. So I think she was reading the time from her sun dial or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Our guy started 5 minutes late.

Also do you have to ask the supervisor to use the toilet. I did today and he took my paper while I was gone and wrote down the time I left and came back, but I've seen other people just leave and comeback and he's still there sitting in his seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Our guy started 5 minutes late.

Also do you have to ask the supervisor to use the toilet. I did today and he took my paper while I was gone and wrote down the time I left and came back, but I've seen other people just leave and comeback and he's still there sitting in his seat.

Yes they need to write the time incase you had notes in the bathroom to cheat or something..it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

My examiner is really .. different than the typical examiner? :P
    Like, we can just go to the bathroom whenever we want, you don't even have to ask her, you just walk out. She doesn't write anything on your exam if you go. The bathroom is right outside the hall where we are doing our exams, but still..! Some people doing English yesterday went 2/3 times.. Kinda crazy!

Advertisement