Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to enter Humbert sprint - what do i need to join?

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

HI - i want to enter in the upcoming Humbert Challenge sprint event. I have just started to get involved in a local club and going to join that.. what else do I need to do regarding TI? The club membership is looking for a TI number.

Do I need to join TI as a member for 53 or 18 euro (and ODL )Or can i just purchase a one day license alone - will that give me a TI number?

At the moment, i just want to take part in this one event and have no plans to do other ones. Any guidance appreciated !

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Yes I think the club will want you to take up a TI membership to cover insurance for group rides, swims etc etc.

To race all you would need is a TI one day licence to cover you for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Some clubs take membership payments through TI, so when you register as a TI member you tick a box to join your club at the same time. TI charge you the extra and pass this on to the club.

One Day Licences can't generally be purchased on the day. Deadlines to Purchase One Day Licences:

* For races being held on a Sat, Sun or bank holiday: midnight the Thursday before race
    * For races being held on a weekday: midnight the day before the race

From the TI Site

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Grand thanks for the info - so will i need to join TI for 18 euro and then buy a one day license as well ? i thought i could join the club first but online it's requesting a TI number and not sure if the day license is enough. thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

dubdub123 wrote: »
    Grand thanks for the info - so will i need to join TI for 18 euro and then buy a one day license as well ? i thought i could join the club first but online it's requesting a TI number and not sure if the day license is enough. thanks for the help

You need to buy a one day licence to enter just one race (€15), this will expire after a day.

If you are training with the club, this won't cover their insurance, so you must buy the TI licence (€53), which will also cover all TI races you enter (and will have a TI number). So if want to train with the club, you need the TI licence, the ODL isn't enough to cover this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

dubdub123 wrote: »

If you are a TI member you won't need any one day licences.

Your club registration may be set up in such a way that you need to join TI before you can join the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

great thanks guys - it looks like i need to have a TI number alright on-line so i might just go ahead and sign up for the rest of the year. I suppose once i had the membership then I could try out a duathlon later in the year and I'll be covered : ) Thanks for the help

Advertisement