Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T2 tanks leaking

Options
  • 05-06-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am having an issue with my tanks leaking, I am getting gurgling and leaking onto the battery if anyway more than half full. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Those short wick clearos were a nightmare for me. They were the first type I tried after the ego attys, which i hated.

I gave up on them and went on to the bottom coil types like the evod. Look for the newer T3 ones, someone [bambi?] on here was saying they were real good. Or take the step up and give a vivi nova a try. I bet you'd not go back near those things after. They're more expensive, but I'd rather have one decent tank than 2 crap ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Get another T2?

I think clearos are fairly problematic. In general most of this vaping stuff is build in china in mass production and quality control is a little lax.

Sounds like your one is either naffed from the get go or has become naffed along the way.

I'd recommend trying the new Kanger T3S, which is the latest Kanger T clearomiser out and hopefully it's better than it's predecessors. Thats all I can think to say really.

Oh, except get yourself a couple of Boge low resistance cartomisers. They are the least hassle vaping solution that work well on eGo batteries.

The Kanger Protank is the best clearomiser that I've used so far with the least problems, best ease of use and build quality but looks pretty big on an eGo battery. Mean't more for using on larger mods really. It does come with a nice cosmetic adaptor collar that makes it looks nice on an eGo but still fairly top heavy.

Like I said boge low resistance cartos or maybe try the new kanger T3S. That is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Really though, those short wick T2s are horrible for leaking and the gurgles. I think it was some kind of experiment for Kanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Crap, was really hoping that there would be an easy solution, not much money at the moment so getting anything new is not really an option, will be contacting e-smoke ireland as well cause I only have the fecking thing a month, think I will get the long wicks this time and look at something else down the road.

It could be a case if you replaced the head it would be okay. The heads sometimes need replacing, they are usually about €2 a pop.

Generally replacing a head gives better vapour and flavour and over all vaping satisfaction, as they are limited in life span. Also they tend to junk up after a while with the flavours in the juice kinda crystallizing on the heating coil. This slowly over time lowers the performance of the heating coil.

e-smokeireland are away on holiday I think until June 14th but if you post it into them they could have a look at it for you. Or just call them when they get back and see what they say. They might send you out a new one.

I'd recommend getting a couple of low resistance boge cartomisers. You can pick them up for about €1.50 each. A couple of those and postage should set you back a fiver and that should last you a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

StickyIcky wrote: »
    It could be a case if you replaced the head it would be okay. The heads sometimes need replacing, they are usually about €2 a pop.

Generally replacing a head gives better vapour and flavour and over all vaping satisfaction, as they are limited in life span. Also they tend to junk up after a while with the flavours in the juice kinda crystallizing on the heating coil. This slowly over time lowers the performance of the heating coil.

e-smokeireland are away on holiday I think until June 14th but if you post it into them they could have a look at it for you. Or just call them when they get back and see what they say. They might send you out a new one.

I'd recommend getting a couple of low resistance boge cartomisers. You can pick them up for about €1.50 each. A couple of those and postage should set you back a fiver and that should last you a couple of weeks.

I'll try replacing the head, I have a couple of spares. Now that you mention it vapour production isn't great. Could you link me to the site that sells the boge carto's, would like to give them a try, I looked them up and I assume they are not reusable? Thanks sticky.

What type of battery do you have?

I have a spare standard resistance cartomiser here I could send you but on a standard ego battery (i.e. not a twist) they're not the best...

ezsmoke have a 5 pack for cartomisers for €6.95. They have the cheapest shipping at about €1.05 to dublin.
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizers-pack-p-144.html

thebestshop have a single cartomiser for €1.40 and shipping is about €2.20
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/131-510-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Lots of other suppliers have them too, some suppliers shipping is about €3.00 so that's the price of 2 cartomisers right there.

Yer best value would be if you get a 5 pack from ezsmoke and avail of his cheapest shipping, otherwise go for thebestshop

There could be other better options out there... maybe... but that's about as good as you'll get I reckon.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    What type of battery do you have?

I have a spare standard resistance cartomiser here I could send you but on a standard ego battery (i.e. not a twist) they're not the best...

ezsmoke have a 5 pack for cartomisers for €6.95. They have the cheapest shipping at about €1.05 to dublin.
    http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizers-pack-p-144.html

thebestshop have a single cartomiser for €1.40 and shipping is about €2.20
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/131-510-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

Lots of other suppliers have them too, some suppliers shipping is about €3.00 so that's the price of 2 cartomisers right there.

Yer best value would be if you get a 5 pack from ezsmoke and avail of his cheapest shipping, otherwise go for thebestshop

There could be other better options out there... maybe... but that's about as good as you'll get I reckon.

Thanks for that, still very new to this, so it's alway good to find new suppliers. I have ego twist batteries.

In that case any cartomiser (low resistance or high resistance etc will work fine)

YOu can adjust the power using the twist at the bottom of the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Might be that the head has come lose when you screw off the mouth piece to re-fill the liquid - I make sure to give it a tighten each time I re-fill. Also try pushing down on the rubber thingy on the top of the head, so there's no gap between it and the wick... worth a shot anyway.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to revisit this and tell how I got on. Still leaking and having gurgling issues no matter what I did so I went ahead and got the boge's different cape altogether, not better or worse just different. Filling takes more work the the boge's as does cleaning from what I've read and watched but the lack of leaking will be great, the ammount of juice I have lost from leaking was so annoying. May be sticking with the boge's from now on, just less hassle. Thanks sticky, great advice.

Meo what you want to get next is a carto tank... Once you get a carto tank that's relatively large on a mod its' a massive step up from a regular carto on an ego. 1) because you only need to fill once every day or two 2) because the battery lasts longer and can just be popped out of the mod and another charged one stuck inside.

You can put a carto tank on an eGo battery too its' a big top heavy but as you can see from the pic it can be done

http://i.imgur.com/8pivN9M.jpg

heres the prive tank on a provari (bit expensive) http://imageshack.us/a/img221/5377/029pn.jpg

or the km plano tank on a gp paps mod https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3BkT2droZjQ/UWVixz2EiRI/AAAAAAAACJ8/9aXwrhIruWk/s842/IMG_0621.JPG

basically carto tanks = all the joys of a T2 except without the cons, except for the fact it's bigger.

Or if you want get a ProTank (big) or the new Kanger T3S (size like the T2) which while only new is getting good reviews.

Personally I don't like the T2 or T3 that much. The eVod is better but I think the T3S could be slightly better again. Sometimes I get the gurgles on the eVod but never had them on the Protank.

I like the boge carto in the AGR carto tank right now (its' a bit heavy but great for home use). Soon I'm getting the KM Plano with a Killer buildable carto so will see how that works out.

Cool thanks sticky, I really like the boges, but filling them is very annoying cause I never know if they are full, and its much more work, condom method etc. so down the read I will definitely be looking at a tank, sounds like the best of both world.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I really need to come to a meet up to show you guys my t2 and ego 650mah batt that I've been vaping for months. It's my go to setup and it has never let me down, I feel like I must be doing something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I'm a fan of the T2 as well, been using them since the start - about 3 months now.
    Tried the T3, Anyvapes Mini Nova , Pro-Tank and 3 different types of Cartomizers, all of which had more problems and less flavour than my T2s. Needed to change to a twist battery tho.

Advertisement