Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Tomb Raider on PC (Problem Solved)

• 06-06-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Still new to gaming on a pc and was wondering has anyone else come across this. Bought tomb raider and downloaded through steam yesterday. Went to play It and I noticed at the main menu that something was not right, the animations looked like they were moving really fast, this continued into the gameplay. It was basically like someone had pressed fast forward. No matter what I did to change the settings to the graphics it had no effect. I googled it and seen that other people had the same problem but with different games and the main solution was to change the affinty so the game so that it only uses 1 core (I think thats what it does). Anyway I did that and it fixed the issue with the fast gameplay but now because I changed the affinity the game the frame rate seems to drop even at low settings. There's a benchmark test in the game and the average fps stays at around 50-55, thats at low, normal and high settings. The game is playable but there is noticeable drops in frame rate and the audio seems to cut off in cut scenes.

edit: got it working.

Advertisement