Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right of way.

• 06-06-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I have a right of way through a neighbours yard,out through a joining gate and onto my yard and farm,i also have another private entrance
    I mainly use it to bring animals through or anything to do with the farm,but use it on occasions if bringing concrete blocks or the oil truck.
    Lately my neighbour keeps parking his car in front of the joining gate and one time i had an oil truck come and he had to reverse all the way back and into my private entrance.
    When i quizz the neighbour he says he will park their whenever he wants and that my right of way is for farmuse only and he will move his car if i have cattle moving etc.
    I know the previous owners had problems with this neighbour aswell,just wondering where do i stand legally,was thinking of sending him a solicitors letter to let him know im serious.
    Its not ideal for my neighbour i know but if the right of way is mine am i entitled to use it whenever i want,and should it be kept free at all times.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Your first avenue is to consult with a soicitor anyway. Rights of way can be difficult to prove and there is always the problem of the reason for the right of way. In your case, it could well be that your right is limited to cattle or other farm animals. You will need to find this out. You will not be able to find out without your solicitor. If it is not your land, it is unlikely that your ROW extends to oil tankers, but you will need to see the terms of the ROW, which is hopefully contained in your lease docs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement