Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC one phone issue

Options
  • 06-06-2013 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭

Looking for some tips on dealing with an issue guys.
    Bought a new htc one on bill pay.

Opened box and discovered that there are gaps around the casing.
    Googling showed a number of people with similar problems.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2197732&page=5

Returned phone 4 days later (after the weekend), assuming as I was within 7 days, they'd just swap it.

The guy I spoke to looked at it, said 'that doesn't look too good' and said he'd send it back.

I hadn't actually used the phone yet so didn't mind, seen as I figured htc would ensure the next phone was perfect.

Called them yesterday, they said that htc (or whoever their suppliers are) said that they don't see a problem with the phone.

I've looked and compared online, the phone is a pretty bad example of the gaps.

So, where do I stand? I reckon I should have been offered alternatives seen as I was within the 7 days.
    I really wouldn't be happy taking back a defective product.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Who did you buy the phone from?
    Some providers have a policy of swapping it within 7 day, but don't know that they all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

MOH wrote: »
    Who did you buy the phone from?
    Some providers have a policy of swapping it within 7 day, but don't know that they all do.

Cheers for the reply MOH.
    It was with western cellular in Galway.
    The reply they got from HTC was that no issue exists with the phone.
    I explained that the issue was well documented online, and wouldn't be accepting that phone back.
    The shop was great though, allowed me open two more phones.
    Unfortunately the issue was there in those phones also.
    I went for the s4 instead.....

Advertisement