Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Arklow shows as enabled on the map but only for some cabinets. Many cabinets including mine are not and it seems everyone is in the dark as to why.

Surely someone somewhere in eircom has a list of non enbled cabinets and when they expect to be enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ShaunC wrote: »
    Hi, I just want to know will I ever be able to get e-fiber. I live in a rural area near Mullingar well inside the Green "now available" zone, although I know my nearest cabinet is approx 4 miles away why is my area in the now available zone if you cannot supply the product? are there any plans to erect extra rural cabinets in rural areas?
    It's just very annoying to see I'm within the zone but can't even get basic BB :-(

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi ShaunC[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]The map  shows the areas where the eFibre rollout is planned and launched however there is a message below the map stating:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied"[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To check specific addresses there is a line checker located above the map where you would enter your landline number or address.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Works will remain ongoing within illustrated efibre enabled areas on the map over the next year.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]We are unable to advise on specific cabinets within illustrated area which are not efibre enabled. I am unable to offer you an answer to your question on the chances of you ever getting efibre and we do not have access to and cannot share such operational and infrastructural detail.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks, [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement