Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Bettystown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Anybody know who the management company for Eastham Court is and what the fees are?

Is there a contact number that anybody can point me in direction of.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kheed

I definitely have 50mb broadband with eircom in Inse Bay, I can't understand why they would tell you that. I have had no hassle with their broadband either. Their tv service is pretty cack though.

As far as waste management goes I rang all the companies and Tag a bin is the cheapest. If you are light on waste and plan to compost garden grass then individual tags might be the cheapest option if you just put one bin out a month. I pay a flat rate of €26.50 per month for weekly general waste collection and forthrightly green and brown bin collection. It is a really frustrating system here, there are 4 companies collecting different bins on different days at different times. So wasteful. If all the residents got together and decided collectively to go with one company they might be able to agree a cheaper price. I don't know.
    Bradz213 wrote: »
    We will actually be moving to Inse Bay in about a month. I rang Eircom and they are only offering the standard broadband now. They said we will probably only get 10MB. A bit gutted now.

Anybody know what the best value waste provider is? Tag a Bin seems the best but the prices for waste are ridiculous compared to Dublin. We pay €10p/m at the minute and it's looking like we will end up paying closer to €25p/m now

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

kheed wrote: »
    I definitely have 50mb broadband with eircom in Inse Bay, I can't understand why they would tell you that. I have had no hassle with their broadband either. Their tv service is pretty cack though.

As far as waste management goes I rang all the companies and Tag a bin is the cheapest. If you are light on waste and plan to compost garden grass then individual tags might be the cheapest option if you just put one bin out a month. I pay a flat rate of €26.50 per month for weekly general waste collection and forthrightly green and brown bin collection. It is a really frustrating system here, there are 4 companies collecting different bins on different days at different times. So wasteful. If all the residents got together and decided collectively to go with one company they might be able to agree a cheaper price. I don't know.

I ended up going for AES. I chose the smaller 140L bin for general waste and it works out €22.50p/m. I rang Eircom again and they said that the exchange to Inse Bay is live but the individual cabinets are not all live. They said the whole estate is pencilled in for 31 Dec

Bradz213 wrote: »
    I ended up going for AES. I chose the smaller 140L bin for general waste and it works out €22.50p/m. I rang Eircom again and they said that the exchange to Inse Bay is live but the individual cabinets are not all live. They said the whole estate is pencilled in for 31 Dec

That's not too long to wait I suppose, but seems a pretty stupid way of doing things, why would certain parts of the estate be hooked up and others not? What road are you moving in to? If that's not too personal a question. I am on the crescent. Must have just gotten lucky with eircom

kheed wrote: »
    That's not too long to wait I suppose, but seems a pretty stupid way of doing things, why would certain parts of the estate be hooked up and others not? What road are you moving in to? If that's not too personal a question. I am on the crescent. Must have just gotten lucky with eircom

Strange isn't it? Yeah I'm going to be on the Avenue, which I just looked on the map there is pretty close to where you are. Ah i'll deal with it for now. They said I will get 10MB. If i get that I will manage I suppose. As regards the reason why, I feel I was bluffed a little. I probably should have rang Vodafone to see can they offer fibre seen as the lines are there. It's frustrating because on Eircoms webpage it tells you the house is available for EFibre

• Advertisement

sounds so odd. Wouldnt be surprised if you rang again and got a different agent you might get a different answer. their twitter page is quite good for replying to queries too.

Best of luck with your move and I hope you like it when you get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

So do you think the cloisters would be ok to live in as regards kids,cavavan parks,drugs ,burleries and so on?

The Cloisters is nice as far as I'm aware. I have relatives living in Betaghstown Wood and they love it and have no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

horse7 wrote: »
    So do you think the cloisters would be ok to live in as regards kids,cavavan parks,drugs ,burleries and so on?

A lovely estate....As an aside I'm not sure why Bettystown has become associated, in this thread anyway, with drugs/burglaries/issues with kids.....none of these things are a daily issue to residents as far as im aware, certainly no more so than for similar communities within commuter range to the Big Smoke.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sassygirl79

Hi, myself and hubby and kids are planning on moving to Bettystown provided we can find the right house. Family of 6. Can anyone recommend the best estate to buy in , schools etc. Is house insurance a big problem for all areas in Bettystown or only some? Any info is greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 alri15

i think the post naming stephen from keystone must be from himself,i dealt with him,had to leave the flat after 2 months broken cooker not fixed heating broke for a week during the snow.never showed any concern just concerned with money.IF he is the best the rest must be really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Hi, myself and hubby and kids are planning on moving to Bettystown provided we can find the right house. Family of 6. Can anyone recommend the best estate to buy in , schools etc. Is house insurance a big problem for all areas in Bettystown or only some? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Certain parts were apparently built on a flood plain (planning legacy!) and can be difficult to get cover with some companies. If find a place of interest it's only a phone call to Ins Co to find out cost/cover.

Not a huge stock of decent houses available (depending on what you are looking for) in the area, lot have been sold/sale agreed in recent months. PM if want specific info on anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

alri15 wrote: »
    i think the post naming stephen from keystone must be from himself,i dealt with him,had to leave the flat after 2 months broken cooker not fixed heating broke for a week during the snow.never showed any concern just concerned with money.IF he is the best the rest must be really bad

His company Keystone Property seem to have a hold on any place for sale in Bettystown/Laytown.

In my opinion very unreliable and the worst of the worst when coming to estate agents. Dealt with him a few times

Thank god the house I bought was with another agency in Bettystown.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 barnabyjones77

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Did any of you end up moving there, and what is it like these days?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭enricoh

Bettystown is fine, maybe a bit soulless these days with loads of new houses in.

Decent enough spot for rearing kids , commuting is bit of a bitch, train is expensive

Is there a new train station opening there?

Are there any social clubs in the area for older people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Advertisement