Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male beginner for yoga

Options
  • 06-06-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

I don't know anything about yoga, I'm reading the forum here and read about a few different types of yoga. I think a good starting point would be Satyananda Yoga. I'm reasonably fit, I run regularly, play football, cycle to work. I'm not at all flexible which I'd like to improve. I meditate regularly and the spirituality side is one of the big attractions to yoga for me. Can anybody recommend a good starting place around the city centre? I'd prefer not to be the only male in the class (but this isn't a deal breaker), although from reading the forum it sounds like there's usually one or two men in most classes. From reading the different types of meditation I think I'd most like Satyananda yoga or Kundalini yoga. Any input from somebody with more experience in the different types would be appreciated.

Edit: This might look like a stupid question, all I need for yoga is a yoga mat? Do you get these at classes or do you need to get one yourself? I presume if you're doing it regularly you're better off with your own decent one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yoga mat and comfortable clothes and you'll be fine. Some studios allow you to rent or borrow them. See how you get on first before dropping money on a decent one.

There's a Kundalini class on at Open Mind Yoga in Pearse St on Wednesday at 6pm if that would interest you, possibly a little bit early though?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

try Two Palms Yoga in Stoneybatter if its near for you to get to?

Advertisement