Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

inear headphones with mic for exercise - what would you recommend?

• 06-06-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I have an android phone (Samsumg Galaxy Nexus) and Im looking for a decent pair of inear headphones that I can listen to the music on my phone when Im doing exercise (gym, running, cycling), but that when a call comes in, the music will be muted and I can speak on the phone and hear the call properly through the headphone.
    (As far as Im aware the connection jack is same for android phones and other devices such as my ipod so I should be able to use the new headphones on both devices - although of course the mic facility would not be needed on the ipod, only on the android phone....)
    Im currently using Bose inear headphones, Im happy with them but they dont have the mic facility so I cant use them on the phone.
    It would be nice if there was a remote control facility so that I could answer the phone without using the handset....
    Budget circa 50 - 80 euros ish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

What about the Klipsch Image S4a's? I've got the iPhone version and they're a great sounding earphone. Also falls in your price range and should be compatible with your Android phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

DubDJ wrote: »
    What about the Klipsch Image S4a's? I've got the iPhone version and they're a great sounding earphone. Also falls in your price range and should be compatible with your Android phone.

thanks DubDJ. Looks good! Do you know does the remote allow you to change volume, forward/rewind to next/previous track, or is to accept call function only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

banjobongo wrote: »
    thanks DubDJ. Looks good! Do you know does the remote allow you to change volume, forward/rewind to next/previous track, or is to accept call function only?

I can't be sure, the iPhone version does, I can do everything the normal Apple earbuds do. It seems like they probably can but you need to install the app that let's you customise the controls. Again I've no experience with them so I can't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zipper

Hey,

I have a pair of the Klipsch Image S4A (II) and they are brilliant!
    Yes, you have to download the Klipsch Control app but once installed, they're perfect. I use them all the time with my Samsung Galaxy, especially in the car because I can answer and make calls with them. Use them in the gym too...when I'm bothered to go! You can control your music with the remote - next track, volume, skip etc - voice controlled too.
    The only thing is they are pricey but worth every cent and they come with a two year warranty. I bought them from a crowd called Soundzdirect. They're based in Dublin, as I am so when they were sent out, I got them the next day.
    I also had a pair of the Klipsch Rugged S5i's for use with my last phone - iPhone 4...another excellent pair of headphones which I still have and are very sturdy. I also bought them from the above mentioned online store. Website is www.soundzdirect.com - worth having a look.

Advertisement