Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to access phpmyadmin on register365

• 06-06-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Anyone? Navigating this control panel is a pain in the arse. Can't find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Click Domain Names - example.com then left sidebar MySQL Databases then right side Login will take you to hxxp://www.mysqladmin.ie/?server=N where N is the server number.

But you should probably be asking this of their support. They're actually pretty good on the phone, I've had good experiences the few times I've needed to call them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks. On hold with support at the moment.

No 'MySQL Databases' on my left sidebar.

Hate doing stuff on a host I'm not familiar with. Finding this crap can be such a timesink :(

Edit: Found it. Had to create the database somewhere else before creating it via phpmyadmin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does the package your on definitely support MySQL db access? Some packages may not and require an upgrade

Nick

KonFusion wrote: »
    Edit: Found it. Had to create the database somewhere else before creating it via phpmyadmin.

As per above, got it sorted.

Thanks for the swift replies folks :)

At the moment I'm working on Azure, AWS, Register.com, Register365, and Blacknight, all for the same website.

So my head is totally fried finding stuff :pac:

Hope you're not dealing with VPS setups too, there's one thing I love about shared hosting and that's the hosting CP (whatever flavour it happens to be) is usually in a consistent location and is easy to find via docs.

• Advertisement

I've been fortunate enough to only ever have to do 2 migrations from a VPS to a shared hosting. Both were horrid :pac:

It's not that they're particularly difficult, but mostly I just don't like being out of my comfort zone. Especially when it's a big client expecting minimal downtime and you can almost feel them breathing down your neck as you're working.
    Trojan wrote: »
    ...the hosting CP (whatever flavour it happens to be) is usually in a consistent location and is easy to find via docs.

I find it's the complete opposite. :pac: (unless they're using standard cPanel, Hsphere or the like).

They're in desperate need of some proper UX. And while some hosting companies have decent docs, a lot of them have docs with out of date screenshots and are very poor indeed.

If I'm pushed for time, the last thing I want to have to do is go digging for something in a particular cpanel.

Edit: It's also worth noting that reg365 use Zeus and not Apache for their Linux/Unix hosting. Something that could have saved me about 30mins wondering why mod rewrite wasn't working :P

I've been fortunate enough to only ever have to do 2 migrations from a VPS to a shared hosting.

That's interesting - both migrations from VPS!
    Edit: It's also worth noting that reg365 use Zeus and not Apache for their Linux/Unix hosting. Something that could have saved me about 30mins wondering why mod rewrite wasn't working :P

I don't work with clients sites on Zeus - migrate or get a Zeus expert (if you can find one).

You might find this post & thread interesting reading:
    There's another [hosting company] that uses Zeus web server which is notoriously difficult to setup 301 redirects with. Both of these issues are hard requirements, i.e. I could not do the job if the client refuses to move (no one has ever refused).

:)

That's interesting - both migrations from VPS!

Indeed. The VPS was unnecessary in both cases, and was probably acquired/mis-sold by/to someone who wasn't sure what they actually needed.
    I don't work with clients sites on Zeus - migrate or get a Zeus expert (if you can find one).
    You might find this post & thread interesting reading...

Where were you yesterday Trojan!?! :p

Thanks.

Where was your post yesterday, asking for help with this? That'll teach you :)

Another question, or perhaps a statement.

So...

1. Log into account on reg365, delete domain, files & associated databases. Log out of account.

2. Log into SEPERATE account on reg365, create domain of same name on this account that I just deleted above in 1. - Domain has all the same files I've just deleted...

I don't even...

What happened there?

• Advertisement

Oh, that sounds like a security hole. Report that one asap.

I don't think we should continue to discuss this topic as it's skirting or perhaps well over the "don't discuss specific hosting companies rule".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement