Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hover Optima HNWF 7148 washer dryer

• 06-06-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

just hope that maybe some one on here may be able to help me.

My washer /dryer has kinda given up !
    when i put a wash on it fills with water for a few min, the drum rolls to one side and then to the other and then the machine just stops and kinda goes to sleep. and thats it , does not do any thing else.

I has a washing machine man come look at it and it seems a modual is not sending a signal to the thermostat to heat as far as i understand , he cant source a second hand one and a new part is very expensive , €200 apx.

so i ask on here is there some thing i can do to try source the part ?
    or any tips on what to do, my machine is 4 or 5 yrs old , lovely and clean !! but does not work .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

if the module was gone the machine would still agitate back and forward with water in it just wouldn't heat the water and would not complete wash

when it brings in water it should be in two stages , water will enter drum will move then a second burst of water will bring water up to correct level. this is done with two separate solenoids ,the bleach and the fill .if one of the solenoids is gone the machine wont fill to the correct level and will not advance thru the wash ,will sit there 'dead'

check if your water comes in two bursts then post back

the machine should be displaying a fault code if you ask the engineer what that was I could narrow it down ,but I bet he doesn't know it .

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

thanks ,
    yes it will fill with water and move and fill a bit more , then go in to sleep mode like . so i just turn to stop and put back in a cycle again, i tried this the other day a few times about 6 to do a wash !! its not so bad i guess beats hand washing .

Advertisement