Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP :(

• 06-06-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey everyone!

The course I want is Arts in UCC which is 335 but now I'm freaking out...if I got 370 do you think it would be enough to get my course? I know this sounds stupid but so many people apply for that course I'm afraid if my points aren't higher I won't get it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Stop thinking about points and courses IMMEDIATELY!!!!
    You have the rest of your exams to do, so take each one at a time and ther'll be plenty of time for worrying afterwards!
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to give yourself the best chance of getting your course by RELAXING and doing your best in the rest of your exams.
    Freaking out will get you nowhere, it will only make you stressed which will only affect your exam performance if anything.
    I'm not trying to be horrible I just think that at this stage you should let that go and try to stay positive!
    And yes I don't see why 370 shouldn't get you into a 335 course :)
    Good luck :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Okay, forget about it. Forget about all courses and all points for the next two weeks. You can't change it now.

Worrying about points during your Leaving Cert will only make you more stressed. You should focus on giving it your very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hey everyone!

The course I want is Arts in UCC which is 335 but now I'm freaking out...if I got 370 do you think it would be enough to get my course? I know this sounds stupid but so many people apply for that course I'm afraid if my points aren't higher I won't get it :(
    If it was 335 last year, it's unlikely to jump much this year ... in general the trend at the moment is for Arts courses to stay static or drop slightly.

So do the best you can and, as everyone has said, forget about points for the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Classof2013

Thanks everyone for the help. Yeah I'm trying not to freak but it's just like everything has hit me at once :( It's so stupid to be so worried but I'll be okay, and yes, I'll just try and put everything into my exams.

Thanks again for everything, it's really appreciated :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement