Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound thing yoke

• 06-06-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hey guys do you know those greeting cards that when you open them they play a tune or something? What Im looking to do is get one of those sound units and make it play a sound of my choosing when a box is opened.

Anyone have any idea where to even start?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Doylers wrote: »
    Hey guys do you know those greeting cards that when you open them they play a tune or something? What Im looking to do is get one of those sound units and make it play a sound of my choosing when a box is opened.

Anyone have any idea where to even start?

Some of those build a bear places have things that let you record a sound onto them.

Or you can use an attiny85 to play audio directly from an sd card to a speaker, I've done that before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Chet T16 wrote: »

Or you can use an attiny85 to play audio directly from an sd card to a speaker, I've done that before
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEdGANnFFec&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭whizbang

UM66 is a 3 pin transistor type IC sound generator. Only plays what it feels like though..

Advertisement