Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Canard wrote: »
    Your stage GPA would be your final one from what I can tell. :)

Hope everyone's happy! :D

Thanks. I sure hope so now anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

What other criteria does Ad Astra take into account besides a minimum GPA of 3.68?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sleepy12345

Can anyone help me here.
    I have 50 out of 60 credits earned.
    But I have 2 F grades and 1 Pass by Compensation grade.
    Can I still progress into the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 greens

Is 3.68 A- or B+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Who do you ring to query a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

3.97 GPA for this semester! Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I got one F.
    Can anyone tell me what the process is for taking a repeat/resit and which of these is the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conor775

Hi everyone and congrats on the results. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I got an E grade on one of my modules and was wondering about compensation.

It says in the regulations that 'Some modules are designated as "not passable by compensation", such as, for example, foundation modules that are pre-requisites for further study in some languages. Where this is the case, the E grades remain and still retain the value of 1.6'.

Is there any way to know whether a particular module is one of these modules that is "not passable by compensation"?

Cheers for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Just got my results on my phone at 5.50 this morning just before I walked into work. Happy with them. Did alot better than I thought!
    Musefan wrote: »
    Hey, I have yet to hand in a thesis at the end of August, but if I get an A in my thesis, my GPA would be 3.925 approx. I was just wondering if they round up or round down GPAs? i.e. would it be 3.93 or 3.92.
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    In the case of 3.925 they would round up. i.e 3.93 (3.924 they would round down)

Afraid you're wrong on that one [Jackass], they won't round at all. If it works out at 3.925, it'll be left at that (Although it'll read 3.92 as your final GPA ( and not 3.93)

• Advertisement

greens wrote: »
    Is 3.68 A- or B+ ?

An A- is 3.8 and a B is 3.6. 3.68 is therefore between the two grades.
    Conor775 wrote: »
    Hi everyone and congrats on the results. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I got an E grade on one of my modules and was wondering about compensation.

It says in the regulations that 'Some modules are designated as "not passable by compensation", such as, for example, foundation modules that are pre-requisites for further study in some languages. Where this is the case, the E grades remain and still retain the value of 1.6'.

Is there any way to know whether a particular module is one of these modules that is "not passable by compensation"?

Cheers for any help.
    I was trying to find that out myself when I was afraid that I had failed. But very very fewmodules (in my course at least) are not passable by compensation.
    What course are you doing? What subject? Is it a core module?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conor775

Rothmans wrote: »
    I was trying to find that out myself when I was afraid that I had failed. But very very fewmodules (in my course at least) are not passable by compensation.
    What course are you doing? What subject? Is it a core module?
    I'm doing the Bachelor of Music degree. The module is Seminar in Ethnomusicology. It's an option module.

Also, does the grade show up as just 'E', or does it show if it's up for compensation? (Like E(C) or something)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Rothmans wrote: »
    Afraid you're wrong on that one [Jackass], they won't round at all. If it works out at 3.925, it'll be left at that (Although it'll read 3.92 as your final GPA ( and not 3.93)

Are you sure? I had two rounded down in this terms results, but I suppose that would still fit in to what you're saying.

On a separate note, ugh, have my first ever repeat, bad timing going in to 3rd year (I suppose there's never a good time though). Not surprised though and at least all my other results went reasonably well (still on course for a 2:1).

So, how does this repeat lark work, if I want to repeat the course work and not just final exam, do I need to re-register for the whole module (i.e. lectures and pay extra bit) or can I just pay to re-sit the module exams and still re-submit course work as the year goes through too?

I don't need the lectures again, mainly because they were awful, but also because I just messed up the whole module from start to finish, but feel like I would be able to sort it out myself by just re-sitting the stuff.

Conor775 wrote: »
    I'm doing the Bachelor of Music degree. The module is Seminar in Ethnomusicology. It's an option module.

Also, does the grade show up as just 'E', or does it show if it's up for compensation? (Like E(C) or something)

Well, then its passable by compensation (99.9999% sure of that).
    I think it will convert to P(C) on the release of final results;

'E grades are failing grades, which have a grade point value of 1.6. These E grades may convert to P(C) (pass with compensation) only where you have completed and obtained passing grades in modules accounting for 75% or more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage (usually 9 modules) and the compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage is 2.00or greater.
    Provisional E grades are then considered compensated and final grades of P(C) are awarded.

P(C) Grade (Pass by Compensation)

P(C) grades (pass with compensation) are awarded where E grades have
    been compensated. E grades are then converted to P(C) grades and carry
    the same grade point value of 1.6.
    For compensation, a student must:

Have completed and obtained passing grades in modules accounting for
    75% or more of the total credit required to successfully complete the stage (usually 45 credits or 9 modules).

Have a Compensation GPA for the attempt at the stage that is 2.00 or
    greater.'
    [Jackass] wrote: »
    Are you sure? I had two rounded down in this terms results, but I suppose that would still fit in to what you're saying.

On a separate note, ugh, have my first ever repeat, bad timing going in to 3rd year (I suppose there's never a good time though). Not surprised though and at least all my other results went reasonably well (still on course for a 2:1).

So, how does this repeat lark work, if I want to repeat the course work and not just final exam, do I need to re-register for the whole module (i.e. lectures and pay extra bit) or can I just pay to re-sit the module exams and still re-submit course work as the year goes through too?

I don't need the lectures again, mainly because they were awful, but also because I just messed up the whole module from start to finish, but feel like I would be able to sort it out myself by just re-sitting the stuff.

Lol, I got burnt by the non-rounding in second or third year. I got 3.675 iirc, and it was left at that :mad: so I remember it well!

I'm afraid I don't know much about repeats, but I think depending on the course, you may be able to opt for a remediation assignment, but I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

I got a N.G. result in one of my modules today. Doesn't make sense as I did the exam and reckon I got on OK, attended lectures and handed in all assignments. I contacted the Programme Office today and they said to email/phone the lecturer. Did both but no reply from him. What do I do next????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Lecturer might only be in for his / her assigned office hours, so maybe look up what the office hours are or wait for a reply.

As long as you have an email waiting for them and a message on their answer machine, I'd wait a few days to give them a chance to reply. Also bare in mind they may have a fair few queries following results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Notagenius

Hey guys and gals. I got my final results today and managed to get an F in one module. I know repeats are in dec but since it is final year does anybody know if there is a different procedure for this? The thought of having to wait another year to graduate is so depressing!!

If anyone has any experience with this and would share their info i would be extremely thankful!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GID

Is it true you can't do an Erasmus unless you have a GPA of over 3.0 in first year?
    If I had've known that I'm fairly sure mine would have been higher :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

GID wrote: »
    Is it true you can't do an Erasmus unless you have a GPA of over 3.0 in first year?

Depends where you are going. If it was to UCLA, they require you to have one of 3.08 and they application has to be in before the December exams. Others take your 1st year and the next semester into consideration when assessing for an applicant, so if you think you can get the GPA up during the next semester, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

GID wrote: »

Nah, you'll be okay. I had a crap GPA in first year, and still went on Erasmus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I paid fees off the other day but when I go to look at results, it says they're not available? My holds have been lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I paid fees off the other day but when I go to look at results, it says they're not available? My holds have been lifted.

Provisional results are offline I believe, finalised results go back up in about two weeks.

honru wrote: »
    Provisional results are offline I believe, finalised results go back up in about two weeks.

Figures... thanks. Is there any way to access them in college?

Right so I got an e-mail saying that provisional results were only available from Friday to Monday at midday. I paid my fees maybe an hour or two after midday... it's extremely frustrating the way they do this, or why they do this... I was told I have to wait until June 27 when full results are released. I wouldn't mind, but they don't exactly make it clear of such a precise cut off point anywhere in particular, if anyone can find it fair play...

Is there any way I can e-mail my module co-ordinators on a per-subject basis to enquire what grade I have been given? Is it to their discretion or is not allowed at all? To have to wait till the end of June without a clue of how I did is extremely nerve-wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Is there any way I can e-mail my module co-ordinators on a per-subject basis to enquire what grade I have been given? Is it to their discretion or is not allowed at all? To have to wait till the end of June without a clue of how I did is extremely nerve-wrecking.

I've gotten some of my results checked by emailing the co-ordinators so I don't see why they can't give you yours. Don't know if they get locked out of SIS though.

Did you try the student desk about accessing them? Might be able to give you the transcript but not the breakdown.

Maldesu wrote: »
    I've gotten some of my results checked by emailing the co-ordinators so I don't see why they can't give you yours. Don't know if they get locked out of SIS though.

Did you try the student desk about accessing them? Might be able to give you the transcript but not the breakdown.

I've only be in contact through e-mail, might ring them tomorrow and see.. yeah I'll give module co-ordinators an e-mail so, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

Final results are up if anyone cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Question:

Stage 1 (30 credits) = 3.27
    Stage 2 (30 credits) = 3.26
    Final GPA (60 credits) = 3.36

How did they work out that Final GPA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/staff_info/marks.htm

If you can find the marks and standards for the programme it might help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement