Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protecting a site using remote PIR Camera and advice on preventing detection

Options
  • 06-06-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Firstly if this isn't the right forum then mods please excuse the lapse. I normally inhabit other parts of boards and rarely venture elsewhere.

I have a site that I am looking to keep an eye on at night to stop any unwanted guests visiting after dsrk.. I suppose it's mild paranoia.
    Anyway the build keeps the site occupied during the day and I was thinking about a trail cam to keep an eye on it at night. However I've read that these can be detected by lads using cheap night vision gear. Anyone got any experience with this? Any systems that are less at risk of this?

Ideally I'd like something that sent pics to my phone but at the very least if it stored images to an sd anyone know of a way of having the sd away from the camera so if the camera walked I'd still have the images?

Any help / opinions are most welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its really down to what sort of a budget you have in mind.
    There are lots of systems that can email images if motion is detected.
    There are monitored systems where a control room can remotely view & record images & even warn off intruders.
    You could also have a self monitored system with scheduled back ups to a remote server or cloud service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

However I've read that these can be detected by lads using cheap night vision gear.

The LEDs on them can be picked up with a mobile phone camera.
    Point your TV remote at your mobile phone with the camera on and press any button on the remote to see
    ^^^ very well known handy trick for testing remote controls

Or you can just see the LEDs on some cameras / illuminators

Advertisement