Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit history

Options
  • 06-06-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Do late utility and hospital bill payments show up on credit history and are they likely to affect your ability to get a loan?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Seanachai wrote: »
    Do late utility and hospital bill payments show up on credit history and are they likely to affect your ability to get a loan?.

No they do not.

Check www.icb.ie for banks/institutions which are members of the ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Have you these set up as Direct Debits? If you had and payments bounced then they will show up on your bank statement. It's possible a bank would look to see your bank statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'm applying with 'Capital loans' , the bills weren't direct debits. I may have hit a glitch though as it may be that you can only join if you have an existing member as a guarantor , but why would they advertise publically then?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I'm applying with 'Capital loans' , the bills weren't direct debits. I may have hit a glitch though as it may be that you can only join if you have an existing member as a guarantor , but why would they advertise publically then?.

Avoid them if you can - their interest rates are terrible. i.e. if you need to finance a new kidney then okay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement