Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems!!!!

• 06-06-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Hi guys, I have an m4 that's stopped working.. Now I've opened it all up bar gearbox for fear of having another meltdown :D before it stopped firing/working it had sticky trigger in semi. Motor runs free without power, the gearbox seems to be free too. Just nothing moves with power.

I was thinking it is either a fuse, the motor is burned out. Or it's to do with piston and gear box.

Now I did lend it out last week. The guy uses lipos I don't never have. Now he didn't use the gun that day after all said he put a battery in it and nothing happened. It chrono that morning fine @315 on a 9.6v. Could it be he may have put a 11.2 lipo in and killed it.

Any one any clue before I head into the gearbox??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

he could have done some damage with the lipo if you don't have a mosfet and the gun isn't set up to handle it. was any work done on the gearbox?

Before you go into the gearbox, take the motor out and hold it then connect the spade connectors to their correct ends connect the battery and pull the trigger and see if the motor spins up when it's not trying to pull the gears etc. Just something to try before you take the GB apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

with the battery in does the gun do anything at all? when you squeeze the trigger can you hear a click kind of noise from the motor/pistol grip?
    do you have a multi meter? if your getting nothing with the battery in,you could do a continuity check first off on the fuse if fittted. you can then remove the motor and run continuity checks on the wires between the motor connections and the battery plug. dont forget to hold the trigger down when you are checking the positive wires ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

T4RGET wrote: »
    he could have done some damage with the lipo if you don't have a mosfet and the gun isn't set up to handle it. was any work done on the gearbox?

Before you go into the gearbox, take the motor out and hold it then connect the spade connectors to their correct ends connect the battery and pull the trigger and see if the motor spins up when it's not trying to pull the gears etc. Just something to try before you take the GB apart.

I tried that and nothing happens the motor. There's no mosfit not is the gun set up to handle a lipo as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

thermo wrote: »
    with the battery in does the gun do anything at all? when you squeeze the trigger can you hear a click kind of noise from the motor/pistol grip?
    do you have a multi meter? if your getting nothing with the battery in,you could do a continuity check first off on the fuse if fittted. you can then remove the motor and run continuity checks on the wires between the motor connections and the battery plug. dont forget to hold the trigger down when you are checking the positive wires ;)

With the battery connected to the motor two pins in correct motor doesn't spin no click or anything from it. I don't think it has a fuse I haven't seen one for it before. When I changed the gears and motor before I never put in a stronger tappet on it it wouldn't be that though no I done the usual clean the connnectors and it worked find until last week no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

do you hava a multimeter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Trebob wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have an m4 that's stopped working.. Now I've opened it all up bar gearbox for fear of having another meltdown :D before it stopped firing/working it had sticky trigger in semi. Motor runs free without power, the gearbox seems to be free too. Just nothing moves with power.

I was thinking it is either a fuse, the motor is burned out. Or it's to do with piston and gear box.

Now I did lend it out last week. The guy uses lipos I don't never have. Now he didn't use the gun that day after all said he put a battery in it and nothing happened. It chrono that morning fine @315 on a 9.6v. Could it be he may have put a 11.2 lipo in and killed it.

Is this by any chance a g&g motor? Reason I ask is because I've had a very similar problem with my g&g motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Trebob wrote: »

You can visually tell if a fuse is blown, if you cant get a multimeter just to confirm but there is no need really. But remember if a fuse has blown, it has blown for a reason so a fault may be present.

Might be the trigger contacts they will burn fast with a 11.1v lipo.

Take out your motor and connect it to a battery, even a household 9V will do, and making sure the polarity is correct, if she turns with the battery connected then it is probably fine. If it burned out you would know, burned out motors when used in anything be it AC or DC do not smell nice.

How do you know the gearbox is freely moving?.

Advertisement