Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Install Plex on ATV3 without Jailbreak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Awesome news. Got this up and running last night. Took about 5 minutes. Kudos to all involved for this clever hack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

So does this mean the Trailers app (or whatever is used), won't work any more ?

I think I'd go for vimeo in that case, I never use that.

Can it be made to boot directly into plex ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It looks like it has to use the Trailers app. That first set of bullet points was just outlining the goals of the project

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

It hacks the Trailers app, to point it at a local Plex Media Server, where you'd have all your films/telly programmes/etc stored. This can be any Windows, Mac or Linux machine running the software.

Yes, you'd lose the trailers functionality, but all of them are on YouTube anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I have my DNS set for unblockus for US Netflix , Will this affect this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Great news! Hopefully XBMC is next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭darg

Anybody have an idiots guide to how to set this up. thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

sharkman wrote: »
    I have my DNS set for unblockus for US Netflix , Will this affect this ?

Not as long as you set the DNS on the machine running Plex server to also use unblockus. Have it working smoothly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭darg

darg wrote: »
    Anybody have an idiots guide to how to set this up. thanks in advance

Disregard the above i found a step by step guide. I can now see the plex library however i get an error message when i attempt to play a file

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Disregard the above i found a step by step guide. I can now see the plex library however i get an error message when i attempt to play a file

Care to Share ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I get the message "Trailers is unavailable. Try again later." when selecting a video to play with the Apple TV remote's select button. When I use the play button instead, it works. Maybe this will work for you too.

Advertisement