Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myhome.ie V Daft.ie V Estate Agents Websites

Options
  • 06-06-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭

Is there much of a difference between various sites when looking for houses? i could imagine EA's would like to have some properiies just for their websites/shops, although if I was selling my house I'd want it plastered everywhere.

Is there much point these days in going to an EA and saying "I'm looking for a 3 bed in this area"?

Also, are all properties on daft on myhome and vice versa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HouseHunter13

myhome and daft are pretty much the same houses, although for houses in Dublin myhome seems to get slightly more adverts and have them up more quickly.

the EAs websites are usually massively out of date and wouldn't even bother with them unless you wanted to research houses that have sold recently and get an idea of a house seen on the PPR for example.

as for asking an EA to keep an eye out for a type of house in a certain area, it couldn't hurt but I wouldn't hold my breath either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah sorry should have said, looking for Dublin houses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I always felt Daft was more for lets and myhome for sales, but that they both pretty much had the same stock...

...but that was just a feeling. As a landlord, I only advertise on Daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

As far as I know, only estate agents can post on myhome, but it's different on Daft (for sales anyway). You can sometimes find places on Daft that were never on myhome, but sometimes it's also the other way around, and I think especially more expensive properties are often only listed on myhome. I wouldn't bother with EA websites, I checked them sometimes when we started looking because someone told me that sometimes EAs don't post everything on the property websites to save costs, but I've never found this to be the case and I agree that they're usually out of date.

Advertisement