Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titanfall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Game is very good lads played 3 games topped scoreboard twice and raped the other team each game it really is excellant real competition for cod and bf....

Both franchises will hate seeing this game released

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good to hear !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Not sure what the 12GB download size is about, I only used 4GB downloading it. No wonder everyone was going way over their max download speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was on the losing team and at end you have to do a walk of shame, get to the drop ship its like defending the last flag in BF......make a valiant attempt :D

Dont know if you can come back from it but would be epic if the walk of shame could turn into a round winning moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Game is very good lads played 3 games topped scoreboard twice and raped the other team each game it really is excellant real competition for cod and bf....

Both franchises will hate seeing this game released

I have to disagree with you,unless ofcourse you like fraging bots to your hearts content :rolleyes:
    Bots ruin it, the titan gameplay is poor tbh, Hawken does meck battles a lot better.
    If they removed the bots and even the titan gameplay it would be a solid shooter,as it is its poor imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Many people in Ireland receive one? Applied quite early and haven't received one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

This probably explains why you're topping the scoreboard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I already got codes for both the Xbox One and PC. So if they do email with the codes I will update here and offer them to someone else who hasn't gotten one yet, but only if they promise to do the same once they get theirs. Pay it forward people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

People are selling their beta codes on EBay.. Really...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

irishmover wrote: »
    People are selling their beta codes on EBay.. Really...
    What people are willing to buy... Really, though you're surprised by this? Guess you didn't hear about people buying the Xbox One day one box for a couple of hundred dollars. Yes, the box the console came in sans console.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Tbf they were just idiots who didn't read the ads properly and thought they were getting consoles though

Pushtrak wrote: »
    What people are willing to buy... Really, though you're surprised by this? Guess you didn't hear about people buying the Xbox One day one box for a couple of hundred dollars. Yes, the box the console came in sans console.

I heard of people selling it but didn't hear of people buying.. People either have too much money or like to blow it on silly things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I like the concept of the game. The bots don't ruin the game but this isn't an MMOBA. you could easily add in 2 more players with the CPU load from the AI.

Speaking of AI. it's absolutely pants at the minute.

I guess this is why they rolled out the beta. But I doubt they'll get rid of the bots, doubt I'll be getting this on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

COYVB wrote: »
    Tbf they were just idiots who didn't read the ads properly and thought they were getting consoles though
    Nope, that's the strange thing. A lot of these people had it clarified to them it was just the box... And they bought it anyway.

Edit: www.kotaku.com/selling-special-xbox-one-boxes-only-on-ebay-1473243877

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Nope, that's the strange thing. A lot of these people had it clarified to them it was just the box... And they bought it anyway.

Edit: www.kotaku.com/selling-special-xbox-one-boxes-only-on-ebay-1473243877

Jesus. I've two of the things... Ka-ching

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

only lost 1 game out of 14 so far :)

went to change mode and i'm not getting any servers now

those bots are just a head melt, headless chickens have more AI

So are all servers offline currently for PC? Tried all of the data centers and said no servers for all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Still no beta key for me! :(
    When is the deadline!?

17th

The Beta forum is stupidly slow for me aswell.

• Advertisement

Just reading the Beta forums. Servers are down so not just me.

Also plenty of Aussies complaining about Ping and that there's no Australian server. People saying lag is unbearable. Great..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just reading the Beta forums. Servers are down so not just me.

Also plenty of Aussies complaining about Ping and that there's no Australian server. People saying lag is unbearable. Great..
    Lucky for us the north European servers are based here in Ireland. I am getting pings of 17-23ms. Great news for us.

Lucky for us the north European servers are based here in Ireland. I am getting pings of 17-23ms. Great news for us.

**** news for probably their third biggest market.

There's a few pissed Aussies and Kiwis on the beta forums. Bit silly how they'd have their servers so far away.

Couldn't log in but lowest ping option I had was SE Asia and it was 138ms.

**** news for probably their third biggest market.

There's a few pissed Aussies and Kiwis on the beta forums. Bit silly how they'd have their servers so far away.

Couldn't log in but lowest ping option I had was SE Asia and it was 138ms.
    The game isn't released yet so I'd assume they'll have their servers soon.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/12/microsofts_australian_azure_data_centre_close_to_completion/

For once we get what we need, so I say **** em lol.

The game isn't released yet so I'd assume they'll have their servers soon.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/12/microsofts_australian_azure_data_centre_close_to_completion/

For once we get what we need, so I say **** em lol.

Actually there's never been a mention of a server and from what the Aussies could see was that there won't be one on launch either. Keeping an eye on it to see if a mod posts.

You'll probably see a fair few Xbox Ones up for sale in Australia if Titanfall turns out to be broken.

Edit: Just clicked on your link. In what way does it have anything to do with Titanfall (not saying it doesn't it's a genuine question).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game seems to be a lot of bot killing and vary rarely even seeing a human outside of those in a Titan.

I should be getting that (unless PC are elsewhere) as I get sub 20ms for any other Irish server but I'm getting 50-60ms. That's still better than anyone I've been in a server with but still if it's hosted in Ireland then there's something not right.

Varik wrote: »
    Game seems to be a lot of bot killing and vary rarely even seeing a human outside of those in a Titan.

I should be getting that (unless PC are elsewhere) as I get sub 20ms for any other Irish server but I'm getting 50-60ms. That's still better than anyone I've been in a server with but still if it's hosted in Ireland then there's something not right.
    What results do you get on speedtest.net. It also depends on your quality of connection and your location. Since I live in Dublin I am not that far from a MS datacentre so I have a lower ping.

Depends on distance to exchange center for your average ping in general, but if you're having issues in one game and not in any of the others then I'm guessing its not your internet thats the issue.

It is a Beta though. So don't be expecting a smooth finished game.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Yes ofcourse, as the datacentre is located in Dublin it would be degraded the further you're away regardless of how fast your internet is... Hence the issue with it in Australia.. Durrrrrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Depends on distance to exchange center for your average ping in general, but if you're having issues in one game and not in any of the others then I'm guessing its not your internet thats the issue.

It is a Beta though. So don't be expecting a smooth finished game.

At worst for anything that's hosted in Ireland I'd get 40ms, I'd usually see around 20ms. It's just this game that giving these results, I'll see if I can get an IP and try that directly.

• Advertisement

Now that everyone (or most people) has gotten their hands on it and there are no embargoes, id just like to say: this is what happens when you let hype take over boys and girls. Titanfall is a decent shooter, but if it's supposed to be poster child for a generation then gaming is in serious trouble

Advertisement